Distance

Kaden’s POV

Something is up with Josh lately. I can’t really tell what it is though. He seems… distant. He doesn’t like when Jatson or I touch him. His face is very pale and always has this cold expression on. He has his headphones is most of the time too. I miss my baby. I haven’t seen him in a week. Jatson comes over every day though.

We’ve fooled around of course. Mostly kissing and touching. I want Josh to come join us but he won’t answer my calls. I’m worried about him. So to calm my nerves Jatson and I are going to see him today. I should probably get dressed he’s going to be here in 20 minutes.

I grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a gray shirt. I messed with my hair a bit then went downstairs. The doorbell rang and I pulled on my converse. I grabbed my phone and headed out the door. I took Jatson’s hand and we set off.

We got to Josh’s house after about 20 minutes of walking. We heard screams coming from inside and noticed there were no cars outside. Jatson knocked down the door and we both ran up the stairs. I made it to Josh’s room first and saw him on the floor screaming in pain. I ran up to him and pulled his head up to me.

“Shush baby it’s ok tell me what happened.” I said while cradling his head. “Kaden ‘hic’ I broke some of ‘hic’ my ribs ‘hic’ and I fell outta bed…” He explained. He started to cry harder. Jatson and I helped him up onto the bed and I went to get him an ice pack.

So that’s why he was answering his calls or coming over. He was hurt. My poor baby. He is so broken and hurt. I want to put him in a bubble so he can’t get hurt. I walked back up with the ice and set it carefully on his chest. He mewled then stopped his crying slightly. He looked over to me and looked like he was going to cry again.

“Baby what’s wrong?... You know other than that.” I said pointing to his ribs. He looked between Jatson and me, who were surrounding him. He fidgeted with his hands then said, “iloveuguys.” Very quickly. “Baby what did you say?” Jatson asked. Again he hesitated. “I love you guys.” He said quietly. “What was that? Come on you gotta speak up.” I said just to tease him.

“FINE! I love you and Kaden! Okay!? But you guys never tell me you love me anymore! So just leave me alone…” he yelled. He was kind of choking for air after. I took a deep breath and gave him a CRP breath. He started to breathe again and I wrapped my arms around his waist. Jatson did the same.

“Baby we love you. You’ve just been very distance from us lately. It scares me to think I could lose you of Kaden, you know that.” Jatson explained. I nuzzled my head into Josh’s shoulder. “What happened to you baby? You got hurt and you didn’t tell either of us. I would have gotten over here so fast you wouldn’t have time to blink.” I said.

He smiled at me, “I didn’t want to worry you guys. When I broke my hip Kaden was freaking out so much.”  Jatson moved closer to him, “But if that didn’t happen we wouldn’t have seen each other and I wouldn’t have met Kay.” He held my hand. Josh yelped a little bit when I shifted to give Jat a kiss, then I gave one to him too.

I leaned over and grabbed the tv remote. “Hey baby you want anything to eat?” Jatson asked. Josh nodded and he left to get some food. Once he left the room and I turned to Josh, “Joshy I love you so much.” He smiled and sighed. “I love you too.” He said and we kissed.

A music video started to play on the TV just as Jatson came in with a tray of food. I helped Josh up and Jatson set the tray on Josh’s lap. The music video started and Jatson started to smile and sing along with it.

“2am; where do I begin,

 Crying off my face again.

 The silent sound of loneliness

 Wants to follow me to bed.

I'm a ghost of a girl that I want to be most.

 I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.

 Dancing slowly in an empty room,

 Can the lonely take the place of you?

 I sing myself a quiet lullaby.

 Let you go and let the lonely in

 To take my heart again.

 Too afraid to go inside

 For the pain of one more loveless night.

 But the loneliness will stay with me

 And hold me til I fall asleep.

 I'm a ghost of a girl that I want to be most.

 I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.

 Dancing slowly in an empty room,

 Can the lonely take the place of you?

I sing myself a quiet lullaby.

 Let you go and let the lonely in

 To take my heart again.

 Broken pieces of

 A barely breathing story

 Where there once was love

 Now there's only me and the lonely.

 Dancing slowly in an empty room

 Can the lonely take the place of you?

 I sing myself a quiet lullaby

 Let you go and let the lonely in

To take my heart again.”

The music video sounded great! Jatson on the other hand… to put it nicely he sounded like a dying cat. “Josh you remember the song right?” he asked. “Hehe yeah we use to listen to it whenever I was sad. Your singing was so bad it always made me feel better.” Josh said back.

They have been together for a long time so I’ve gotten use to the stories I’m not part of. Josh and I have our own memories though. I think back to when we met and how much he’s changed. I heard the door open downstairs and Gabe scream that he was home. Josh screamed back and he came up.

Gabe gave me a dirty look then looked at Jatson and winked. Jatson excused himself and they both left. Something is going on between them.

Authors note: the song is 'The Lonely' by Christina Perry. also Commenting and voteing make me update faster!