Kaden's screwed

I opened the door and saw Josh on the bed. He’s sleeping. I walked over to the bed and grabbed his hand lightly. His mother came over to me and hugged me. “He just fell down the stairs and broke his hip again. He should be fine.” She reassured me.

I smiled at her and looked back down. My angel… so fragile in his being. I hope he wakes up soon…

Josh’s POV

I fell. I heard something crack and pain shoot through my body. I screamed and then everything went black. I woke up in the hospital. I asked for a phone and then texted Kaden.

Kaden I miss you! And I’m at the hospital…

Then I passed out. I heard beeping coming from the monitor and felt a hand on mine. I slowly turned my head and saw the person holding my hand. Kaden… He came! I can’t believe he actually came. He’s the best boyfriend ever.

I lightly squeezed his hand and his face lite up. “Josh I’m so glad you’re awake. I was so worried.” He gushed. “I’m sorry I should have told you why I’m here.” I said back. He leaned over and kissed my forehead, “I don’t care as long as it’s nothing to serious.” I nodded then looked around the room. “They went to get food.” I heard Kaden say. I nodded then tried to move.

“Owwie.” I whined. “Baby you want me to help you?” he asked I nodded and he got in the bed with me. He moved me so I was laying on him. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder. “Breaking a hip hurts.” I told him. I felt him nod, “I bet. You already done it twice.” He laughed. The door swung open and my family and his walked in.

“Josh doesn’t your hip hurt!” my mom asked. I shook my head, “No this position is more comfortable for me.” she nodded. Gabe handed me a burger and a bottle of water. I started to eat. I hate hospital food. It’s bland and nasty. I lived here for about a month so. Sure they let you take in outside food but there’s still the times your family can’t bring you food.

I finished and downed the bottle of water. “When can I leave?” I asked. “In a week but you’ll be on bed rest for 2 more weeks after that. Then comes the physical therapy…” my dad drowned on. I looked out into the hall and saw a gurney pass by. Looks like that guy is dieing. I saw the clipboard drop from the gurney.

“Mom can you go pick the clipboard up?” I asked. She did and looked at the name. I saw her pale a little. She walked in and handed me the clipboard.

Name: Jatson Mason

Age: 19

Injury: Shot in Chest

That’s as far as I got before my eyes got blurry from tears. My mother took the clipboard and brought it to the nurses. “Shhh baby it’s ok.” Kaden tried to comfort me. I started to push myself up but before I could I was shot with some kind of drug…

Kaden’s POV (again)

Josh started to cry and get up. The nurses came in and gave him a shot of something to make him calm down. “What just happened?” I asked confused. “Well… Jatson Mason is Josh’s ex-boyfriend. The clipboard said he was shot. That’s who was on the gurney.” Josh’s father explain.

I tensed and looked towards the door. Josh wouldn’t leave me for him right. We’ve been in love for 5 years. Just because they’re both injured and in a hospital together doesn’t mean they’ll get back together right!?

I’m so screwed…