Hospitals

“Ugh baby I gotta go home…” I said to Riku. He’s lying on my chest right now. He’s so adorable I wish I could wrap him up in a blanket and treat him like a baby. He’d probably hit me if I tried. I just got a text from my mom telling me to come home. I really don’t want to leave. I’m so comfortable here. My baby in my arms on his bed with music playing quietly in the background. It’s perfect.

She’ll start to call if I wait any longer so I have to go now. “Baby come on I need to get going or my mom will throw a fit.” I felt Josh tense at that. Probably because he knew about my past.

Yes it’s true I was abused by my mother and father when I was younger. That’s part of the reason I had to leave. My parents were sent to a rehabilitation program to get help for their problems. They relapsed a few times and were sent back. Their better now though.

“Baby they don’t hit me anymore. I’m safe there.” I smiled trying to reassure him that I’m safe. “Ok but if anything happens I want you to come here.” He said in a stern voice. I nodded and got up. I pulled him into a hug and kissed his head, “I love you baby.” Then left.

I walked past Gabe on my way out. He looked at me with hate. Ugh just leave me alone. I walked out the door to my house. On the way I saw so many horrible things which make me realize why Riku is so scared to be social.

Girl fights, gossip, cliques, media pressure, the list goes on and on. But for Josh he can just stay in his room and be himself. Sure he’s very shy now when it comes to new people but he isn’t corrupted by the world’s toxic environment. One day he’ll be famous or a doctor. He’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met.

Me on the other hand, I’m not as amazing as him. I’ve been told I have a beautiful face. I’m a wonderful football player. I would be an actor or something. But none of that would ever compare to what Riku is.

Wow I’ve been rambling on about how amazing he is that I didn’t realize I’m home. I should go inside. I hear music blasting. Yay its family exercise night. Not! I hate family exercise night. Just cuz they had to do it in rehab doesn’t mean they need it now.

I walk in the door and sure enough their doing jumping jacks. Well dad is, moms doing push-ups like a man. It’s sad that my mom is more manly then my dad. She used to be a body builder. Kinda scary when you think about it.

I snuck passed them and went to my room. I got in my shower and started the water. Maybe if I hide in hear they won’t make me participate.

Vvrrrrrrrrrrr vvrrrrrrrrr vvvrrrrrrrrrrr

Crap my phone it’s probably Josh… I don’t want to ignore him but I can’t do another exercise night. I wonder what he wants? Maybe it’s just him saying goodnight? Or what if he’s in trouble?! Oh god I need to check it now!

I hopped out of the shower and ran to my phone. I opened the message…

Kaden I miss you! And I’m at the hospital…

HOSPITAL!? Why is he there!? Oh god what happened? I need to get there now! I grabbed my clothes and ran downstairs. “Mom, dad we need to go to the hospital!” I screamed while putting on my shoes. “Why sweetie?” mom asked. “Josh just texted me and said he’s at the hospital, we need to go now!” I screamed.

“Oh Josh! Yeah sweetie let’s get going.” Dad said getting his shoes on. We were out the door and in the car in less than 2 minutes. I got in the back and buckled my seat belt.(Safety first!)I settled in and stared out the window.

I hope he’s ok. I don’t know what I’d do without him. I watch all the passing buildings full of people. Some are probably having birthdays or sex. Their happy and not wondering if their loved one is ok.

I hope we get there soon because this car ride is making me go insane. Maybe he just fell down the stairs and rehurt his hips. Maybe he broke his back trying to get up after I left. Oh god it’s all my fault! I need him. He needs to be ok or I might die.

Finally! That car ride felt like it was going on for hours. I get out of the car and start running for the doors of the hospital. I bust in and run to the front desk. “Hello miss, is there someone here named Josh Keshet?” I asked. She looked at her computer and then to me. “Yes there is he’s in room 407 on the 11th floor. Would you like a nurse to take you up there?” she asked. I nodded and a nurse came over.

We got in the elevator once my parents came in. the nurse pressed the button then stood back. I could feel her eyes on me. Kinda creepy. “So are you visiting family?” she asked in a sickly sweet voice. “Actually I’m visiting my boyfriend he’s texted me that he was at the hospital so I raced down here.” I said back in the same tone.

She looked at me with a stunned expression. The door opened breaking the awkward silence in the elevator. She walked out and took us to the room. I reached for the door handle and grasped it tightly…