Chapter 1: Sandara Park's First Day

Hi I’m Sandara Park 17 years old a senior student in Kyunggi High School. Yes! Finally I’m graduating next year!! After all the hard works I’ve been through. Yeah I work hard just to make sure I’m going to graduate High School. I’m one of those determined students that are always sleeping late every night whenever there are quizzes or exams, I’m one of those competitive students who will always doing their home works and projects ahead of time, I’m one of those smart students who are in top rank in their class, hmmmm I’m not carrying my own chair you know I’m just telling the truth and I’m actually Rank 1 in my class since Pre-school. In short a good student indeed. A role model. I’m sure my parents will be very happy at my graduation day because the fruits of their sacrifices are slowly coming. I want to tell you that I’m not a rich kid. We’re just poor. My father is just a fisherman and my mother sells fish. I’m the oldest and I have 3 year old baby brother. Yes he’s only three years old and the gap between me and he is 14 years.  You’re asking why? Well it’s just because my mom and dad spent their life together working hard just to send me at school that’s why they don’t really have time to make another baby. One more reason is my mother’s siblings who are dependent on her. Well let just not talk about that now. It pissed me off.

Anyways this day is my first day of being a senior student. And I’m very excited to meet my friend, classmates and my probably new classmates after a long summer vacation. I’m actually one hour early now because of the excitement I feel. Since we are in senior year for sure we will be meeting strict and challenging teachers. I entered the school gate with a smile on my face.

“Dara!” I heard someone called me. So I turned my head where the voice came from.

“Bom!” I said while she was running towards me.

“Dara I missed you so much!” she said and hugged me so I hugged her back.

Bom and I knew each other since 3rd grade. We’re actually best friends. When we first talked I knew we will click each other. We’ve been together for many years. She always listens to my problems and help dry tears from my face. She takes away my sorrows and put happiness in its place.  Our friendship can’t be ruin by any one. It was stronger than the metal for real.

“Bom are you excited?” I asked her while we free each other from hugging.

“Naaaah. You know I’m not. I’m afraid our teachers are all strict and will make my everyday life miserable” She blurted out and I just smiled at her. Bom was in top rank too sometimes she rank 2, 3, 4,or 5 but not lower than that. Yeah we both love studying that’s why we click each other.

While we are heading to our classroom Bom suddenly stop walking. I looked at her and asked her why she stopped. Upon seeing her face it looks like she was enduring something painful and I’m starting to get worried. She put her hand on her stomach and said it hurts. I asked her what’s wrong then I saw pebbles of sweat forming on her forehead. She moaned because of the pain and I started to panic. I quickly put her left hand on my shoulder while her right hand is holding her painful stomach. I brought her to the school clinic and she was examined by the school doctor. I was very worried while waiting outside the door where Bom was lying and having a treatment. Many negative things about what happened to her earlier are bothering me.

Is Bom is sick? What ill does she has? Is that serious now? Why she didn’t tell me about it? These are the thoughts that keep repeating on my mind now. Then suddenly I felt the door opened and I saw the doctor coming out. I immediately stood up and went to her.

“Doctor Kim what happened to her? Is she sick?” I asked with a worried tone.
I saw her smiled and tapped by shoulder. “Just ask her” the doctor said.
I’m really starting to get nervous now. When I opened the door and I saw Bom standing and fixing her things. My eye grew wide and quickly went to her.