Chapter 8: The First Touch

I kneeled down too to hold his shoulders. He keeps crying. His tears never stop to flow.

"Kwon Jiyong" I whispered his name. Then I hugged him. The room that was covered by full silence is now eaten by painful sobs from the guy I’m circling my arms with now. He continued to cry on my right shoulders while we both kneeling down I’m very worried since all I can do is to tapped his back. I can’t even say a word to comfort him though I really want to but I don’t know how.

After a couple of minutes I felt that my knees were already numb. I flinched and Kwon Jiyong noticed it. He stops crying and gently pushed me away from him. He glanced at me with swollen and tired eyes.

He stood up and I was about to do the same but he offered his hand in front of my face to help me stand up. I looked at him first and looked back again on his hand. I put my hand on his and he pulled me up. This is the first time that I hold his hand it was so soft to touch and a bit shakey maybe because he cried too much.

I almost fell when I stood up because my knees are still numbing. Thanks to Kwon Jiyong he quickly holds on my waist before I fell and help me to sit at the couch. I’m ashamed to him right now as things go I’m the one supposed to take care and comfort him but what’s happening is the opposite.

We are now sitting at the couch.

No one was talking.

I looked at him but he’s just staring at the carpet where broken pieces of vase were spread. He stayed like that for another minute. There was a moment of silence which all I can hear is our breath.

And finally he glanced at me. He stood up and went outside the library. Thinking that he's not coming back anymore I fixed my things already and prepared myself to leave but the door opens again and he entered the room.

He looked at me.

He walked towards me.

He stopped in front of me.

He reached my arms and said

“I’m sorry. Next time you should stay away from me when I’m angry.” He pulled me holding my right wrist and dragged me towards the couch then pushed me down to sit. He sat on my side and opened the box he was carrying. The box contains bandages, cottons, thermometer, instant ice packs, medicines and other things you can find inside a first aid kit.

A first aid kit?

For what?

I watched him as he put an alcohol on the piece of cotton.

“What are you doing?” I finally said.

“You already forgot that I wounded you?” He questioned then holds my right wrist and pulled it on his front. I almost forgot the wounds I got from the broken pieces of the flower vase that Kwon Jiyong threw a while ago. The blood already dried. The cotton touches my skin and I winced because the pain pinched me he then pulled my right arm again closer to him. “Endure it for a while.” He said.

After cleaning my wounds he applied betadine to it and put bandages.

“You can go home now” and he left the room.          

The next day

As I entered the classroom my eyes darted at the empty chair of Kwon Jiyong. "I think his not attending class today." I thought.

"Hi Dara" Bom greeted me. "Omo! What happened to your arms?" The Bigbang guys looked at me.

"Ahhhh I broke a flower vase and some broken pieces hit my arms." I lied.