026

Eddie "I-don't-believe-in-romance" Munson couldn't wait to tell his friends that he kissed you

Eddie "I-don't-believe-in-romance" Munson couldn't wait to tell his friends that he kissed you. Wayne found out first, mostly because his nephew couldn't wipe the gummy smile off his face all weekend. He didn't even have to ask to know it had happened; after all, he was the one who interrupted you. On Sunday, Eddie had that same grin plastered on his face when he went to see Gareth.

The younger boy practiced kick-flips in his garage while Eddie stood in front of the drum kit as a shield in case the skateboard went flying. He got lost in rambling as he told Gareth everything about the night at the trailer. The unrelenting presence of his dimples and the movement of his hands as he spoke clued the drummer in on just how ecstatic he was.

Gareth was impressed that Eddie had made the first move with you. Especially because he knew how cynical his elder friend was when it came to love. He had heard his whole spiel on disbelieving there was someone out there for everyone, and how there was no point in pursuing relationships for them to leave you with heartbreak.

The reason behind this feeling the metalhead had was his parents, as is with most of his problems. He was afraid of being abandoned and stuck with that all-consuming lonely grief he felt after losing his mom and his dad soon after. Although he was loved by his mom, the animosity he got from his dad was a more powerful being.

Eddie felt unloveable and he had never been able to escape that.

This was why the short, blue-eyed boy didn't try to dig and find out if Eddie liked you. He knew about his leader's insecurity. And he was aware that one of his main defense mechanisms was seclusion. When Eddie told Gareth about the kiss, he didn't mention his feelings or how it would change your relationship. As much as he wanted to, Gareth didn't ask.

       Because he recognized that accusing Eddie of being in love with you would send him into a breakdown. Eddie would back peddle and pull away from you, simply because he wouldn't know how to handle that realization.

Plus, Gareth had eyes. He didn't have to ask to know. He could see the way Eddie was around you: himself, bright and sunny like he's meant to be.

Eddie told Jeff about the development at lunch when only the three older boys sat at the table. You had yet to arrive in the cafeteria, thus the brunette explained it to his bassist as quickly as possible. The best friends got so into the telling of the good news that none of them heard Dustin approach.

"You kissed (Y/n)?!" the hat-wearing boy exclaimed. "Son of a bitch! Wh-"

His words were cut off as Eddie clamped a hand over his mouth. He looked around to make sure you weren't close by while Dustin stuck his tongue out in an effort to escape.

"Henderson, did you just lick me?" Eddie removed his hand and shook it off to the side, disgusted by the freshman slobber coating his rings. "You butthead."