9. Makayla's POV

Hi, I'm Makayla Williams, and I'm the youngest of three brothers. Matt, Mason, and Milo. I'm 2 years younger than them. Yes, they are triplets, also my half-brothers, but I still love them like no other. My father meet their mom when he was 17, and she got pregnant when she was 18. But she died, so my dad ended up raising them on his own until he meet my mom, they fell in love then a year later they got married and became pregnant with me, we were a big happy family until my mom got diagnosed with leukemia, she died when I was 13, and my brothers were 15. Then my dad began working two jobs to take care of us, and my brothers pick up some other jobs too. When I turned 14, my dad began doing drugs, until now, I'm 16 and my brothers are 18 and are trying to get custody of me because they are afraid my father will do something.

Alarm rings

I wake up to the sound of my alarm, overlapping with the voices of my brothers and dad. I put on my headphones, and brush my teeth, trying to block out the sounds. I take the headphones off and then get into the shower and change into my Clinton uniform, as I straighten my hair, it falls to my shoulders. I replace my headphones blocking out the noise, where I see my father and brothers arguing. Matt looks at me then grabs my hand leading me outside. "We are going to take you for a while.", he says.

"Ok.", I say, as I hear my father scream "No, not my daughter!".Mason walks out as
Milo follows shutting the door. Matt gets into the driver seat, Mason sits in the front next to him, and Milo opens the car door for me, sitting right next to me. We drive off to Clinton. I wave them goodbye as the car drives away and tears begin to form in my eyes. I get that my dad is an asshole, but my family is breaking apart. I play my music louder, walking to my locker, then I am startled by a hug.

"Hey!", my best friend says.

"Hey.", I say back as I place my books in my bag, shutting my locker as we interlock our arms together and walk off to class. I am so lucky to have her.

Lunch

I pass Juliet the cigarette, as she lays on my lap.

"I just wish that we could stay like this forever.", she says looking up at me, waiting for a response.

"Yea.", I say looking down.

"Hey, are you okay?", she gets up, asking.

"I'm fine.", I say then look at the empty swings." Do you want to go on the swings?", I ask, then she smiles at me.

"Do I?", she says happily running towards to swings, and I run to catch up with her too, as I laugh at her smiling.

Dear readers,
I hope you liked this chapter on Makayla's POV. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for the next. Bye💕