1. Homeschool?

Season 1

•  I'm not trying to shame anybody, this is just Juliet's point of view on how she looks and how she feels about herself. •

My name is Juliet Smith-Hicks. Yes, this is a British name. People mostly call me Jules though, except for my father. My dad is Dante Hicks. He is black-African American. And my mom is Lily Smith. She is white-British. To your knowledge, I'm half British and half black. I'm 16 years old, and my parents are around 32 to 34. I moved to Hartford when I was 10, yet I still feel like an outsider in this neighborhood. My mother had me when she was 16, so she is a little strict and protective of me, I guess she didn't want me to make the same mistake she made. I'm an only child, I don't have any friends. I never went to school, my mom dropped out of school when she had me, and homeschooled me until I was 10, but then she and my father found a stable job here, so now the maids school me.

"Jules!!", my mom calls out to me. My book shuts in my lap, as my legs trace downstairs. 

"Yes."

"Your father and I have been talking over this, and we think it would be best if we send you to a private school.", my mom says, with a huge grin on her face, as a giggle falls from my mouth. smiling at me while taking a little sip from her cup of tea.

"Good joke, mom. What did you call me here for?"

"Juliet."

"Oh shit! you are being earnest.", I say, shocked.

"Yes, we think that this will be the best thing for you. You are in high school, the maids might not be the best fit to determine your schooling. The school is Clinton.", my mom says.

"You may have heard of it. It is a very exceptional school.", my dad chimes in.

"It's been 2 years already."

"This is junior year. A substantial high school setting would be best."

"You had me in your junior year, why would you want me to go to an actual school setting for mine?", I say harshly, and head upstairs.

"Juliet!"

I shout into my pillow, then take out my favorite book "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo", as I reread pages 20 to 24. I fall asleep, as the fan flips the book pages.

 I fall asleep, as the fan flips the book pages

Good Morning

I wake up to the sound of my door creaking as I see my mom walk in. My mom is the beauty, most men adore. She has long blonde hair, blue eyes, full lips, a pretty nose, and high cheekbones. On, the other hand, I have brown eyes and 4a hair.

"Wake up, honey.", my mom says. My legs fall from my mattress and head to the bathroom.

"Alright?", my mom asks me in her British accent so entirely.

"I'm fine."

Later

My legs fall from the shower and trail to my room, as my Clinton uniform falls on my body.

My mom walks into my chamber, and she begins my hair, while my eyes trace the words on paper

"Mom?"

"Hmm...", she answers, not even looking down at me.

A gulp falls from my mouth, and I speak. "Do you think I could straighten my hair, after school today?"

She pivots her head towards the mirror, skimming me.

"Why? I love your natural hair. Is something going on babe?", she asks, concerned.

"No, it's nothing. I don't know why I even asked. Forget, I brought it up."

"It looks great

"It looks great.", I say, as the mirror falls on the desk.

"You know you can talk to me about anything, babe."

"I know.", my soft voice responds.

"You look very smart.", she says back at me, as a smile forms on my lips.

"I can't believe it, you are going to the academy.", my mom says, teardrops forming in her eyes.

"Mom, don't. You'll make me cry.", I say back to her.

"Sorry, I'll quit. Have a great first day!", mom says, then kisses my cheek. My legs headed out, and my eyes reach the car waiting for me. 

Bye...

Dear readers,
  I hope you enjoyed this story so far, if you did, can you please vote on it? Also, stay updated for when I post the next chapter.