10. Christian

I groan, then wake up. I head downstairs.

"Mom!", I yell, then I realize no one is there, I go to the library room, bathroom, my parent's room, gym, theater room, sauna, and guest room but I can't appear to find my mom, or dad anywhere. I head to the kitchen where I see one of the maids cleaning.

"Hey, do you know where mom and dad are?", I ask.

"They went on a work trip.", she answers.

"Oh, without telling me, that's a bit odd.", I say.

"They said it was critical. I'm so sorry dear, but I don't know any more details.", the maid says back.

"Ok", I say, then head back to my bedroom. I go inside my shower, then circulate and change into my Clinton uniform, then head outside where the driver meets me and drives me to school. As the driver drives, I text my grandparents and ask if I could stay with them after school. They respond by saying, "That's great."I smile then shut my phone off, realizing I'm in front of Clinton. I get out of the car and go inside the building.

I wait at Makayla's locker, as she walks up to me.

"Hey!", I say, as she wraps her arms around me.

"Good to see you, friend", she says.

"Guess what?", I say.

"What?", Makayla responds.

"I woke up, and my parents were not home. The maid said they went on a trip, but they didn't even tell me. That's so not like them. Particularly so not like my mom. When they get home, I'll tell them how pissed I am.", I say, as my friend laughs.

"I love you, babe. I'm sure your parents are fine, and maybe this work thing was super serious and transpired so fast, that they couldn't explain it to you.", Makayla responds.

"Yeah, you're right.", I say, as we arrive at the first-period classroom.

After-class

"Juliet, Christan can you two please stay back?", my ELA teacher says. Christian looks at me gesturing for me to go preferably. I roll my eyes.

"Juliet. You are our top scholar.", the ela teacher says.

"Thank you.", I say, kinda second-guessing how fast I reacted.

"What, does this have to do we me? I mean we get it she's perfect.", Christian says. I look at him, as he stares down at his fingers.

"Well, you are about a stage from failing my class. Finals for the semester are in 2 days.", my ela teacher responds harshly.

"What does this have to with me, then?", I ask confused.

"Well, I want you to counsel him.", the teacher answers.

"Whoa. I tutor him?", I say, alarmed.

"Affirmative.", the teacher answers.

After-school

We meet up at Rogers Libary.

"You can sit. I'll be right back.", I say to Christian. I then head to Rogers's desk, as he looks up at me.

"What's with the rich boy?", he asks.

"I have to tutor him.", I say.

"Damn!", he says." What subject?", he asks.

"English.", I say.

"Have fun.", Roger says.

"Thanks.", I say, then head back over to him.

"What are we doing here?", Christan asks.

"I'm tutoring you. Or are you that clueless?", I say.

"You don't like me. So why are you doing this? As I said before what are we doing here?", Christan says.

"You know what Christian, what are we doing here? You're not dumb. You are a lot of things, and I mean a lot of things, but you are not dumb.", I say.

"I just don't have focus, I guess.", Christan says.

"How come?", I ask curiously. He clears his throat.

"My parents are fighting.", he says.

"Shit, I'm sorry. I didn't know.", I say.

"Don't give me pity, Violet. Everyone does that.", Christan says.

"Well, my name is Bloodily Juliet, first of all.", I say, making Christan chuckle. I smile as I stare into his walnut-brown eyes.

"Shouldn't you two be studying?", Roger says. I roll my eyes at him, as I open my book and slightly smirk looking at Christian.

After studying

I go back home, to where I see my parents, I run and hug them.

"Ugh, where were you guys?", I say, smiling at them.

"Nowhere important, just so glad to be back.", my mom says.

Dear readers,
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Stay tuned for the next. Bye!