3. The Library

• Lunch •

I sit at a table, and Makayla seats next to me.

"Jules.", Makayla says.

"Makayla.", I say back to her.

"Can I ask you something?", Makayla asks me.

"You just did.", I say beaming while eating my lunch.

"Well, then can I ask you another question?", She asks me again.

"Ok", I say while nodding, letting her know that I'm ready.

"Do you like Christan?", Makayla asks me.

"No.", I say back to her. She giggled, which made me smile.

She then rolls her eyes. "I don't know, babe. There is something with you two. That I can't exactly put my finger on.", she says.

"Ok, ew, don't even say that!!", I say, laughing. What does she mean something with you two? Then the bell rings, and we part on our way to class.

I head to room 405, but as I reach the 4th floor, I realize I forget it books. I go back downstairs to the 2nd floor, where my locker stands, and grab my books. But to my surprise when I shut my locker door, a familiar face is staring right at me.

"Christian", I say.

"Violet", Christan says, which pisses me off. Is my name so difficult to say?

"Jules, you mean.", I say annoyed.

"Hmm.....Nice books.", Christan says, I roll my eyes and then walk away, but as I'm walking I realize I forget my phone in my locker. I head back over, but to my shock, I see Christan and some girl smooching right on my locker.

"Excuse me.", I say, they don't move. I then cough, but still, they don't budge.

"Get off my locker.", I say louder.

The loud hall goes quiet as I feel everyone in those halls turn to look at me. They move, and I just open my locker as normal.

After School

Once my last period ended, I pack my things and quickly head to the grassland. I sit on the bench, where I get my book out of my bag and begin reading. As I'm near the end of the book, I feel a breeze. I turn around and to my uncertainty, there's Christan with his arms over the bench, as he places his head on my shoulder.

"What are you doing?", he asks.

"Leaving.", I say as I latch onto my book, and grab my bag.

"Come on, Violet.", Christan screams, as I'm already across from the bench by now. I head to the library and pick out some new books.

"These books, Roger.", I say.

"Sure thing, Jules.", Roger says, as he checks the books out. "How's the school?", he asks me.

"It's okay. They just have some bizarre people there. Like this boy, I feel like he makes it his life mission to annoy me. I'm knackered.", I answer.

"Want me to beat him up?", Roger jokes.

"It's fine, I'll manage.", I answer back.

"Here are your books.", Roger says, handing me the books.

"Cheers!", I say, thanking him, then leave.

Dear readers,
So I'm currently planning on making this Roger character like a big brother figure to Juliet. I hope you like this chapter. Thanks for reading, stay tuned for the next one.