8. Academic Decathlon

My alarm clock rings. I tap on it then get up in then go to the bathroom. I tie my hair up and begin brushing my teeth, then get into the shower. After my shower, I change into my uniform.

I look at myself in the mirror and put my hair in a low bun. I do my makeup, then walk downstairs where I see my mom, dad, and the maids cooking.

I grab my bag and an apple. Then wave my parents goodbye.

"Aren't you going to eat?", my mom asks me.

"I'm not hungry.", I say back, then shut the door, and go inside the car as it drives to Clinton. I arrive then get out of the car and go upstairs, as I'm at my locker, someone hugs me back. She wraps her arms around my neck.

"Aren't you excited about the academic decathlon today?", she says.

"Not as excited as you.", I say, as she laughs.
"I'll be in the stands cheering you on.", I say.

"No, you are coming with me. We need one extra member and I said that I have someone to fill in. You.", Makayla says, as we hold hands walking.

"Why?", I ask.

Makayla looks into my eyes, then says.

"This could be something fun for us to do together.", she says.

"Ok. I guess.", I say.

"We are practicing in the library first period, and you have a free period, so you can come.", she says.

"Ok, ok.", I say back, as we head to the library. I walk in and I see all the members, then I see one particular member. I turn to Makayla.

"Are you serious, right now? I'm not doing it.", I say.

"What?! Why not?", Makayla says.

"You forget to mention Christian was in the group.", I say.

"It must have slipped my mind.", she says.

"whatever.", I say.

After practicing

Academic Decathlon

"Hey did you see Christian?", one of the members asks.

"I thought he was getting ready.", I say.

"He isn't here, and we are going out in 3.", they say back.

"And he is the captain. What's wrong with him?", Makayla says.

"I'll gander around.", I say, trying to look for him, but then someone grabs my hand.

"He isn't there. I knew we shouldn't have made him captain. He is unpredictable.", they say.

"Can you step in as captain?", Makayla asks.

"Um, ok.Sure.", I say. Their group name is called, as they all look at each other. They go onto the stage, as the decathlon begins after the decathlon. The winners are to be announced.

3rd Place-Weaver high school
2nd Place-Captial Prep magnet school
1st Place-Clinton

I scream, as I hug Makayla and we jump up and down, the host gives me the trophy, and I smile, and give the trophy to one of the other group members.

"I can't believe prom is today. Too bad we can't go.", Makayla says.

"Wait! Did we miss it?", I ask.

"We are going to be late.", Makayla says back like that was the dumbest question in the world.

"At least, we'll be fashionably late.", I say making her smile. We go to my house, and I pick a green dress, and she picks out a purple dress.

My dress-

And this is Makayla's dress

I straighten my hair, as it falls past my shoulders, and I fix my layers

I straighten my hair, as it falls past my shoulders, and I fix my layers. Makayla puts her hair in a bun.

Prom

I smile at Makayla as she twirls me.

"Is it just me or is no one dancing?", I ask.

"They are bougie-ass rich kids. What did you expect?", Makayla says. I laugh.

"Aren't you one?", I ask.

"I'm a rich kid. Not bougie.", she says, as I laugh, then I twirl her.

"I need to go to the lavatory.", I say.

"Ok.", Makayla says letting go of me, as I walk to a different floor bathroom.

I go to the mirror, as I look at myself, and my breathing goes fastens, I begin to feel faint.

"Hey, you are in the boys' bathroom?", a random boy says.

I look at the boy, then I begin to feel faint, as I almost fall to the floor, but then suddenly I'm
caught by someone. I open my eyes and I see Christian.

Hope you liked this chapter. It was pretty long anyways. The build-up between Christian and Juliet was intense. Also, I have anxiety, which is why I try to add it to my stories. Ok, thanks for reading. bye!