✦Chapter 10: Farewell✦

[⁂Narrator⁂]

Location: Medical Room
Time: ¿?

  Brunei was having another nightmare, the same one but everyday, it seemed that the nightmare was trying to tell something.

  The nightmare, bloodlust is what they desire, isn't it? The blood from the brothers as Brunei stared at their lifeless body, their wings ripped out from their back, bleeding gore.

  Terrifying when imagining it was someone you knew you trust did this. What could be the problem? It's something.

  Woke up in a cold sweat, Brunei looked around and sighed in relief. His eyes stared at Laos who seemed to be asleep, eyes closed tightly.

  He didn't know what that nightmare meant. He decided to not sleep for today. It's already too much.

  Morning came to welcome everyone, the sun rising up from its sleep as the sky turned orange to blue. Laos woke up, yawning from his sleep and looked at Brunei who seemed to be awake, not knowing that he was awake the whole time.

  "Morning Brunei, how are you?" Laos asked which made the eagle nodded slightly, almost like he hadn't slept which grew concern for Laos. "You don't seem to be alright, did you get enough sleep? Or did you have that nightmare again.." The eagle nodded again.

  "Don't worry.. today is the day you will be free from here," Laos assured him.

  Brunei didn't respond quite bit but understood.

  A knock was made on the door and opened to reveal Thailand who was carrying a tray with two bowls on top.

  "Fresh porridge you two?" Thailand greeted them as he handed to the hungry animals.

  "Ooo, lotus porridge! Myanmar sure knows how to cook this. It almost reminds me of.." But Laos stopped his sentence with silence.

  Remind him of what? Everyone thought, except for Thailand who knew what it was.

  "Just enjoy the meal. And Brunei, your clothes will be ready in a jiffy so take a slow breakfast," Thailand reminded as he gave the porridge to him.

  Brunei grabbed the bowl and took the spoon and started to eat. Silence made an awkward feeling for the two elephants.

  "Anyways, I'll be outside if you need anything. I gotta get his clothes ready," Thailand said as he walked away, closing the door behind him.

  "Well that sure was interesting," Laos said to himself as he munched away the porridge.

[⁂Brunei Darussalam⁂]

Location: Emerald Hotspring
Time: 9:30am

  I relaxed by the warm water after eating the porridge, I felt much better for now. Thailand guided me here, saying that the water could help me strengthen my body during the cold. I didn't mind by what he meant by that but it sure was a good bath.