19. It Will Be Okay.

All the curses in the world wouldn't be nearly enough to describe what Annabelle was feeling right now. Anger and sadness mixed together, making the hot tears running down her face all the more bitter. She couldn't tell when the hyperventilation and the breakdown that were taking over her body began forming something stronger, an anger that she didn't even know who to direct towards.

The directors, perhaps, for somehow allowing this to happen. The staff, or the person that gave them the stupid videos.

The blonde girl wasn't sure at what point her legs took it upon themselves to get her away from that situation, at what point she managed to get away from the grasp of the bodyguards or at what point she almost got run over by the first car on the street.

Her make-up was long gone, leaving trails below her eyes, as if she had tons of it plastered all over her face. Even the simple mascara managed to create such a mess, not only on her skin, but also on her face, on her suit, everywhere.

But all that felt so small, when the paparazzi, along with her friends were blowing up her phone and it burned, it burned her pocket more than she could ever explain.

She ran through crowds of people, paparazzi long gone behind her. And yet, she could still see their lights, she could see them gasp at the screen, take pictures of it and start filming it, filming her reaction to it. It would always stay as a mark on her, mark on both her and Sadie.

When she remembered how to breathe, she was in a dark alley with no one around. Her legs gave out faster than she could acknowledge, her body hitting the hard concrete as she leaned back on one of the building's walls. No noises could be heard there, or at least not over her heartbeat thumping loudly in her ears.

"Annabelle!" She could hear a voice call for her, but she couldn't move her eyes to see who it was, nor her own body to move away from the hand that wrapped around her body. Her eyelids were heavy as she cried, burrowing her face in the one person that managed to get ahold of her.

She had no clue how long she stayed in their arms, no idea who this person was, until her heart had started to slow down and she could hear his voice as clear as day. Despite her clearly showing signs of not being able to hear him, Caleb had kept his voice low and soothed her the entire time, also moving her to his car in the very little time in which she had become completely unresponsive.

"You are okay, don't worry. You are safe." He kept repeating over and over again, with some "It's going to be alright." and "You are fine"s along the way. Once Caleb saw her actually acknowledging his words, his lips curled up in a weak smile, but he didn't cease his attempts in soothing her.

A long and broken sigh escaped her lips, her face as puffy as it could possibly be and her eyes bloodshot. She managed to say a "fuck this" somewhere along Caleb's driving. He had decided to move both of them somewhere quieter, somewhere that isn't the middle of the crowded city.

"Are you okay?" He questioned out of habit, parking the car in the middle of an empty parking lot. Of course, the boy had texted every single person that was actively looking for Annabelle, and Sadie had basically told him that she will be to his location as soon as possible, but he still had no clue what to say to his best friend and how to stop the tremors that shook her body every-so-often.

"What do you think, Caleb? Am I okay?" Annabelle whined, her head resting on the tinted window beside her. Caleb could barely recognise her voice, it was weak, like something had broken inside her. Something, that he had no idea how to piece back together.

"I am sorry." A quiet murmur is all he could manage, before getting out of the car and joining her in the back seat. He brought her a bone-crushing hug, and she immediately melted on him, like he was her safety anchor.