Ch 21

A few days passed since you slapped Hobi. You have just been avoiding him at work until Wednesday when he comes into your office, "... I was going to tell her about you. I'm sorry baby, I wanted to fix things for our family."You scoff, "And what were you going to tell her exactly? We don't belong together, it's always drama." He sighs, "You are the one who stepped out on our relationship. We would have been ok. If-"

Your eyes roll, "We don't know that, we were always arguing regardless of what I've done." He fidgets with something in his pocket and pulls out a tiny box and sets it on the table. His eyes bore into yours, "Hoseok, what's this?" He huffs, "Just open it." There was a platinum, princess-cut diamond ring, you gasp, "Um.." His voice breaks, "I was going to end things with her and... I wanted to.. ask for your hand in marriage."

You stare, "Marriage

You stare, "Marriage... You know damn well that is something that won't work for us." He tells you that he wasn't thinking when he bought the ring. That you two were already broken up when he purchased it. You place it in the box and hand it back to him.

He begins to sob and you get up to hold and soothe him. In a low raspy voice, "I wish you would come home at least once in a while." You wipe his tears, "I have my home now but..." Jimin comes in and you let go of Hobi. Jimin asks "if you are doing ok."

He walks over to you, "Yes, Hobi was just discussing the.... future and was just heading to the studio." Hobi gets up and bumps his shoulder on Jimin on the way out. Jimin sits down and sighs. He just stares at you. You glare at him, "What?" His hand just taps on the desk. "Just speak your mind? What's wrong?" He grimaces, " I wish you wouldn't have to talk to him. You always look so drained."

" I know but these months will fly by. We're all trying to make sense of this crazy situation." He stares out the window, " I know that I've said this before but what if you just stay with me and I can take care of them?" You are at a loss for words, "I don't think that's fair Jimin. Say he is the dad, he deserves a chance to be in their lives. That doesn't mean that he and I will be together after the results. He should be in their lives. It's the right thing to do. I would do the same for you."