Ch 22

Three months have passed since you've seen Hoseok. As promised you updated him with every check-up. The twins were doing fine with their growth and you found out the sex of the babies. He only responded to one of the group texts in the course of that time. You figured he was still angry about your last conversation but if he's the father he needs to attempt to be more present.

You decided to give him a call after work, once you are settled at home. You went to lunch with Jimin and he couldn't help gushing over the babies. He would rub your belly and talk to them every day to feel the tiny flutter kicks. They always responded well to his voice. This still made you feel uneasy and sad but you continue every day and just pray that they were his. He would come with you after work to help you with things you needed.

You don't even know how you haven't seen Hoseok at work. He has been avoiding you in-person as well. You are tempted to pop up at his house but that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Yoongi has been less harsh on you as well so everything seemed to be ok for now. After work, you tell Jimin to meet you a little later at home, that you had some things to do first.

On the 6th ring he finally pics up, "Yeah?!" Your face scrunches and you stare at the phone, "Um, hello." He sighs, "What's going on?" "I thought I would check on you since you haven't been in contact with me about the kids." He scoffs, "Ok, and... What about them??" You take a deep breath, "What's your problem?"

He chuckles, "You are..." You are trying everything in your power to not get mad, "I- I guess... I deserve that." "YN, I despise you. I hate what you did to our family." "Hoseok, at this point, there's nothing I can do to make it better... We still have to communicate or have you forgotten that." He scoffs, "Now you want to talk." "Yeah... It's been so long, where have you been?"

His voice raises, "I've been working hard. Why are you even calling after you threw the ring back in my face?" You wheeze, "Is this why you haven't been around..? I don't know what you want from me. Besides you were the one with a whole-ass girlfriend." "WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT HER... I WAS COMING BACK TO DO THE RIGHT THING." "Fuck you, man... Are you home?" He laughs, "Yea why?"

You step up to his doorstep, "Open the door." Your heart is racing, you haven't been back to his house in months. You see him move the blinds by the door. You wait there for a few moments before he finally swings the door open. "Are you going to let me in?"

He stares at your baby bump, and his voice shakes, "Hi

He stares at your baby bump, and his voice shakes, "Hi." Still standing on the doorstep, "I can leave if you want me to." He is stunned because the last time he saw you, you weren't this large. He sighs, "Umm, yes... Come in!" You walk in holding your breath and extremely anxious to be in your old home. Everything is honestly a mess which is rare for Hoseok. He was always so neat and clean, more than yourself... Other than that everything still looked the same.

He closes the door and immediately grabs your belly, " Oh my god, I'm so sorry... I've been dealing with things... The best that I can." You watch his face full of disdain, "I-I don't why I came here... I just wanted to check on you." He sighs, "Thank you but I think I'm doing fine." Your hand rest on his cheek, " Babe, this place is a mess, you look like you haven't slept in months... You could always talk to me ." He weeps, "I've missed you so much, thank you for coming home. I'll get you some water."