Chapter Two

Chapter Two

*~*~*~*

"Are we sure that this thing is safe to fly?" I couldn't help but ask for the third time as we all finished loading equipment onto the jet. It had been less than an hour and we were already preparing for takeoff, wanting to leave before the government officials got here. After what I'd seen earlier though, I wasn't too thrilled with flying out in this jet.

"It'll be fine." Antoine rolled his eyes at my constant questioning as Coulson boarded with the woman from earlier. "So, you guys are all set to go?"

"Appreciate your help." Coulson told him.

"Enough to give me a bunk?" Antoine asked, causing me to stop what I was doing and look over at them. "Seeing as you guys are down a specialist, I was hoping I could hitch a ride."

"Not gonna happen." Coulson didn't hesitate in turning him down. "But feel free to commandeer one of Hand's vehicles."

"I'm sorry. Is there a problem?" Antoine frowned, clearly confused by Coulson's refusal.

"No problem. Just not letting you on my plane." Coulson told him.

"Garrett had me fooled, same as everyone else." Antoine defended himself. I wasn't entirely sure as to who this Garrett person was, but it was easy to piece together that he'd been Hydra.

"Everyone else wasn't at his side day in, day out." Coulson pointed out.

"Friends of mine are dead because of him, good friends." Antoine reminded Coulson.

"I think he should come with us, sir." Jemma spoke up in Antoine's defense.

"Duly noted, Agent Simmons." Coulson almost seemed to be dismissing her. "But this isn't a democracy."

"Isn't it? Under the circumstances, I think we should all have a say in this, and I witnessed Agent Triplett willing to die in defense of SHIELD." Jemma didn't back down as Leo and I watched her talk back to Coulson. "Respectfully, sir, I think he should come along with us."

"Okay. But Agent Triplett is your responsibility." Coulson headed up the spiral staircase before anyone could say another word.

*~*~*~*

"So, how long have you been with SHIELD?" I asked Skye as she worked on the computers after we'd taken off.

"Officially? A couples weeks." She admitted, catching me by surprise. "Though, I've been with Coulson and the team for a while, I was their first mission, actually. You could say that they didn't like hackers leaking a bunch of information that they want classified."

"Nice," I nodded.

"How about you?" She raised a brow at me. "What's your story?"

"Got into some trouble when I was younger and went on the run, hiding from everyone in plain sight. Then SHIELD tracked me down a couple years ago, actually, Coulson was the one they sent." I informed her. "After that I was pulled into the Avengers after Coulson made a promise to help me disappear again afterwards. Then he died, or so I thought, and I helped stop the aliens in New York. I was taken into hiding by Fury himself and stayed there up until last week when I was asked to assist in fighting against Hydra."

"Wow," was all she said as Coulson came into the room.

"Skye, please, tell me something good." Coulson almost seemed to be begging as he said this.