Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"You're an asshole. You know that, right?" I asked Fury as I sat next to the chamber he had Jemma in. We were now all in a jet, heading towards who knows where with Jemma unconscious and Leo alive, but unresponsive.

"So I've been told." He smirked at me. "By yourself on multiple occasions."

"Just making sure you haven't forgotten." I nodded as I looked down at the sleeping Jemma.

"Made friends I see." He commented.

"And been reunited with an ex who, as it turns out, wanted me dead." I added. Before I could say anything else though a gasp broke through the jet and we looked down to see Jemma now awake with wide eyes.

"You're in decompression on a jet back to the mainland." Fury came over, explaining the situation to her.

"They told us you were dead." Jemma looked at him with wide eyes.

"Good." Fury told her. "We want word to get around on that."

"Fitz!" She tried to sit find a way out of the chamber she was in.

"Uh, easy. Easy." I told her. "His heart's still beating just barely."

"I have a full med team with him." Fury assured her. "But you have to remain in this chamber, okay? His brain was without oxygen for a long time, but you saved him."

"It was the other way around." Jemma and I said in sync.

"How did you find us?" Jemma asked him.

"That makeshift beacon of yours, good thinking. Led us right to you." Fury told us. "Lucky we were looking."

"You were looking?" Jemma looked surprised by this.

"For my man Coulson." Fury nodded. "I understand you're involved in a dispute I might want to weigh in on. Do you have anything that might lead me to him?"

〰〰〰

"What so you want me to do?" I asked Fury as we walked into the factory that we'd tracked Coulson and the others to.

"What are you talking about? As I recall, you're not my agent." Fury recalled, causing a smirk to fill my lips. "I think there's a man that you owe a favor to."

"Thanks." I nodded before running in the opposite direction from him. Coulson was here which meant Garrett and Ward were too and I owed Ward an ass kicking.

I ran through the building until I ended up in a room filled with computers, but no one inside. It wasn't silent though, I heard the sounds of grunts and a power saw coming from an open doorway. With my hands a lite I headed towards the door and looked inside to see Ward standing there with a cord around May's neck.

"Room for one more?" I smirked as Ward looked at me, his eyes widening. That moment of distraction allowed May to elbow him in the gut and escape his hold. As soon as she was out of the way I sent the fire flying at him, but he ducked out of the way and May came to my side.

"Took you long enough." She told me.

"Well, thanks to Ward, I had to take a swim." I glared in his direction. "Think you could use some help?"

"The more the merrier." She nodded.

"Glad to hear it." I saw Ward grab a gun off the floor but before he could fire it froze, causing him to drop. May went running at him, knocking him into the wall, and she kicked him in the gut repeatedly. I watched, letting her get a piece of him. It wasn't until he pushed her onto a sawing table and got on top of her that I stepped back into the fight.