two ─ 𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗄

002.
𝖽𝗋𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗄

They were at Driftmark. Lucenys stood beside her brother and held his hand silently. She had tears running down her face as she looked to the ground. Jace gently nudged her causing her to look at him. Jace shook his head at her.

"Stop crying, they will notice," he warned his sister quietly while looking at their relative Vaemond Velaryon as he spoke at his niece's funeral.

"They will think I am shedding tears over aunt Laena," Luce dismissed quietly.

"They are not so daft Luce. So stop crying,"

Lucerys stopped crying and Vaemond Velaryon continued speaking. Luce did not understand High Velaryon yet but still understood some words coming out of the man's mouth. She noticed him staring tightly at her and Jace and everyone seemed to notice.

Then suddenly laughter could be heard. She looked at the man and noticed it was her Uncle Daemon. He was staring at her mother. Lucenys was left confused. She did not understand why people looked at them but it made her feel uneasy. She grabbed Jace tighter.

   LUCENYS AND JACE WERE LEFT ON THEIR OWN ON THE SIDE AS THEIR MOTHER HAD GONE TO SPEAK WITH THE OTHER ATTENDANCES. Lucenys never met her aunt Laena, but all she could think about was her father— her true father. Ser Harwin was a man that had been beside her as long as she could remember. Her other father— Ser Laenor was kind and nice enough but he never was present as much as Ser Harwin was.

Ser Harwin was her true father. And she missed him. Badly.

The pair of siblings looked up as their mother came to them. She ran her hand through their hair. "Your little cousins have lost their mother. They could use your comfort,"

"We have an equal claim to sympathy,"

That made their mother's eyes shoot up to make sure no one heard them. She kneeled and looked at her children in their eyes.

"Jace—"

"We should be at Harrenhal mourning Lord Lyonel and Ser Harwin," Jace interrupted sadly.

"It would not be appropriate," their mother stated with hard eyes. "The Velaryons are our kin, the Strongs are not,"

"Look at me. Both of you," both Jace and Lucenys looked at their mother with teary eyes. "Do you both understand?"

Lucenys nodded. "Yes mother," she then took Jace's hand and walked over to where their cousins Baela and Rhaena sat.

Jace approached them first, but he seemed to be too awkward. Lucenys stood beside Balea and did not utter a word. She understood what she was feeling. The pain of losing a parent. She grabbed her hand and tightly squeezed it. She sent Baela a sad smile which was returned.

Lucenys had not uttered a word to her cousins before now, yet she could feel the bond that would being to form. Jace in turn did the same to Rhaena.

Until their grandmother came and with it, she and Jace stood to the side to give their grandmother and cousins privacy.

LUCENYS WOKE UP STARTLED AS SHE SHOT UP FROM HER BED. She narrowed her eyes in the dark before making out three figures. It was Baela, Rhaena, and Jace. They looked at her frantically.

"Someone stole Vhaegar,"

That was all they said before grabbing her out of bed. It almost made small Lucenys stumble to the ground yet she composed herself and followed her older brother and two cousins.

"It's him!" Rhaena accused Aemond as they all see him walking from the entrance with a proud grin on his face.

"It's me," Aemond said confidently.

Lucenys saw how the claiming of a dragon changed Aemond for a matter of moments. Where was the sweet prince she had comforted when her brother and Aegon gave him that pig?

Rhaena gets quick to anger. "Vhaegar was my mother's dragon!"

"Your mother is dead, Vhagar has a new rider now." Aemond retorted back smugly, not caring for the dead woman.

As Lucenys watched the scene unfold she stood still, not wanting to get hurt. She did not know what to do. But she knew she had to do something.

Lucenys should not have stepped in, she did not know why she did. But he had held a rock intending to hit Jace with it. Her brother. She could not allow Aemond to hurt him. She was fond of Aemond, but Jace was her brother.

She did not intend to take his eye. Not truly. Only to defend herself and her brother.

She could not help but let out a shock however when she realized she had slashed the knife into Aemond's eye. Blood was pouring out his eye and all Lucerys could feel was dread.

        LUCENYS WAS HIDDEN BEHIND HER MOTHER AS THE QUEEN, HER GRANDSIRE AND HER MOTHER ARGUED OVER THE WALLS. Lucerys knew this was her fault. She should not have done anything. While there was shouting, Lucerys felt the heat of someone watching her. It was Aemond with his one eye, glaring at her with such ferocity she had not seen in him a few days ago.

Where was the prince she had comforted?

"There is a debt to be paid," the Queen said angrily and the hall suddenly got quiet. All eyes were on the Queen as well as Lucenys's.

Her eyes widened. She stepped back and held her mother tighter. She was scared.

"I shall have one of her daughter's eyes in return," the Queen demanded while looking at her.

"What?" The King asked quietly, yet there was a fire in his eyes that made the room even quieter. Her grandsire stared at Lucenys and looked back at the Queen with anger. "You wish me to maim a girl? A child and my grandchild! My only granddaughter?"

No one uttered a word.

The King stared at Queen Alicent. "This matter is finished," he stated firmly and went to walk back to his chambers.

The king was not fast enough to turn however before Queen Alicent grabbed the blade strapped on her grandsire. She ran towards her but not before her mother caught her. Lucenys was pushed toward her grandmother and two cousins.

She could not hear what her mother or the Queen hissed to each other. But it all ended with her mother being pushed backward in her grandfather Corlys's arms. The hall was still as everyone watched the blood fall to the ground.

"Do not mourn me mother," Aemond said into the still hall. He turned towards his mother. "I may have lost an eye, but I've gained a dragon,"

Lucenys looked over at Aemond. He glared at her with a tight grip. She knew then that they never would be the same.