twelve ─ 𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗈𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝖺𝗎𝗅𝗍𝗌

012.
𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗈𝗋 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖿𝖺𝗎𝗅𝗍𝗌

Aegon savored the warm bread and honey that filled his mouth as he sat at the head of the table, Maelor in his lap and Helaena beside him, her belly swollen with their unborn child. The morning sunlight streamed in through the windows, casting a warm glow over the room.

After all that had happened, he decided to take responsibility and be there for his sister-wife and son. Their bond only grew, and Aegon would hope to gain her forgiveness for how he had treated her. They needed to end this war and stop bloodshed when they had the chance.

He couldn't help but feel a sense of guilt as he thought about what he had done. Aegon knew that his council would be furious if they found out that he had met with Rhaenyra and made an agreement with her. But he couldn't ignore the opportunity to end the war and save countless lives.

He had only confided in his mother about his plan. Her bloodshot eyes glared at him across the table as she cursed him for what he had done. "You've doomed us all, Aegon!" she spat, her voice filled with anger and fear. "Rhaenyra will never honor your agreement. She'll slaughter us all when she arrives!"

Aegon sighed and shook his head. "You're wrong, Mother," he replied calmly. "Rhaenyra wants the same thing we do— to end this war and save our people. She's agreed to co-rule with me and I've let Jacaerys be the Prince of Dragonstone. A daughter we will have will wed Jace's firstborn son. We can end this conflict now before any more blood is shed."

Alicent's anger simmered, her eyes blazing with fury as she continued to argue with Aegon. "How could you make a deal with Rhaenyra?" she spat. "She will never keep her word. You have put our family in danger!"

Aegon remained calm, his expression resolute as he cradled his son in his lap. "I had to do what I thought was best for our family," he replied firmly. "We cannot continue this war, Mother. It's time to end the bloodshed."

"But she is a traitor!" Alicent exclaimed, her voice rising. "She will kill us all!"

Aegon shook his head. "I don't believe that," he said. "And even if she did, I will not let our family be torn apart by this conflict any longer. We have to find a way to coexist."

Alicent's fists clenched at her sides, her anger still simmering. "You are making a mistake, Aegon," she warned.

But Aegon refused to be swayed. He knew that he had to take responsibility for his actions and be there for his family. "I have made my decision, Mother," he said firmly. "Now let us focus on moving forward together."

He turned his attention back to Maelor, tickling him under the chin as the young boy giggled with delight. This was what mattered - his family, his children, and their future. He had to do everything in his power to ensure their safety and happiness.

Aegon finished his breakfast and excused himself from the table. As he walked towards the door, he heard his mother muttering under her breath. He turned around and faced her.

"Mother, I will not tolerate it anymore. I am done with this war," he said firmly.

Alicent's eyes widened with fury. "You are a fool, Aegon. Rhaenyra will never share the throne with you. You will all be slaughtered when she arrives. And what about Daemon? What about Jaehaerys and Jaehaera who died because of him?"