ten ─ 𝗊𝗎𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗎𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗉𝖾𝗋

010.
𝗊𝗎𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗎𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗉𝖾𝗋

When Rhaenyra received a letter, she had not thought much off it. But when she saw it was from Aegon, and read what the letter contained, she immediately took action. If Aegon wanted peace, then she would do anything to get it. She had lost Lucenys to the greens, she would not lose anymore of her children.

It was hard sneaking out of your own castle when your it's queen and it is in the middle of a war. Yet she could always count on Ser Erryk to be loyal. It was also easier with Daemon in the Riverlands trying to take Harrenhal.

"We are nearly there, your grace," Ser Erryk noted, as he had his hand protectively on his sword. She smiled as she could notice his worry.

She brought a comforting hand on his shoulder. "No need to worry, Ser. I know what I'm doing," He gave her a smile that did not reach his eyes, yet Rhaenyra chose to ignore it and walked inside the tavern.

The tavern was dimly lit, with only a few candles flickering on the rough-hewn wooden tables. Rhaenyra and Erryk reached to a corner and sat at a table, her eyes fixed to the people. She had agreed to meet her half-brother, Aegon, to discuss a possible peace treaty, but she was filled with a mixture of fear and anger. Fear because she didn't know what he wanted, and anger because he had usurped her throne and caused so much suffering and death.

A figure Rhaenyra only could guess was Aegon entered the tavern and made his way to Rhaenyra's table.

Rhaenyra stood, her eyes cold and hard. "You have a lot of nerve to ask for my audience, Aegon," she said.

Aegon sat down and looked at her, his face impassive. "I understand you may be angry, Rhaenyra, but I believe it is time for us to put aside our differences and work towards a common goal. The kingdoms are torn by war, and the people are suffering."

Rhaenyra clenched her jaw, struggling to control her anger. "How can you even suggest such a thing? You usurped my throne, my daughter was taken by Aemond, and is kept with the greens. I have nothing but hatred for you and your family."

Aegon had an enraged look to his face. "I am sorry for what happened to Lucenys, Rhaenyra. But it is my son and daughter who lay dead, not your daughter," Ser Erryk touched the tilt of his sword in warning and Aegon eased. He looked at Rhaenyra. "It was a tragic event, one Aemond should never have committed, and I wish it had never happened. But we must look to the future, not the past. We have the power to end this war, to bring peace and prosperity to our lands. I am willing to see past what happened to my children and you will see past what happened to yours."

Rhaenyra looked at him, considering his words. She had lost so much, but perhaps he was right. Perhaps it was time to put aside her anger and work towards a better future.

Rhaenyra sighed. "And how do you propose we do that?"

"We rule the Seven Kingdoms together, rule as co-regents. We can work together to rebuild what has been lost."

Rhaenyra raised an eyebrow. "And why should I trust you?" she asked. "You betrayed me, took my throne."

Aegon leaned forward, his gaze intent. "Because, sister, we are the only ones who can save our land. We are Targaryens, dragonlords. And it is our duty to put aside our differences and work together."

Rhaenyra considered his words, weighing the risks and the benefits. And finally, she nodded. "Very well. Let's draft a treaty and bring an end to this war."

"I want Lucenys back. She is my only daughter and you have hurt her enough. I want Jacaerys to be named heir, as his right, Baela by his side. Whatever daughter you or the greens shall have, will be betrothed to Jace's and Baela's firstborn son, uniting House Targaryen once and for all."

Aegon nodded, his expression softening slightly. "I agree. But I want more than just a treaty. I want justice for my son and daughter."

Rhaenyra closed her eyes, tears stinging at the corners. "I understand," she said. "And I will do what I can to bring their murderers to justice. You have my word on that."

Her eyes turned hard. "What about Otto Hightower?" Aegon didn't answer and Rhaenyra took it to heart. "Everything that has happened is because of him. I do not want him alive. You know neither me nor daemon will accept him breathing,"

"For mine and my siblings' lives, I will gladly offer you his head."

Silence swept over them, and all Rhaenyra could do was to examine Aegon. She remembered when he was born. Her father was been overjoyed to the near point Rhaenyra had wanted to run off to Essos with Syrax and never return. He had been so happy, and she had been reminded once again that she was never going to be a son moreover, the son her father so wished for.

But years passed and she was still heir. Her father wanted her to rule after him, not Aegon. He could have changed his mind in all these twenty years her half- brother and been alive. Her father never changed his mind. The rule that the firstborn son should inherit was tradition, not law. The king's word was law, and by his words he had declared her his heir and future queen of the seven kingdoms.

Aegon shifted uneasy as he noticed Rhaenyra's eyes upon him

"At your second name day," she began, causing Aegon to look at her. "Your grandsire wished to betroth me and you to unite the different sides,"

He widened his eyes at the new information. "Me and you?" Rhaenyra nodded and Aegon could not help but smile. "Do you think it could've worked? Bring peace I mean?"

Rhaenyra chuckled softly, shaking her head. "No, I think a war still would've happened. Your grandsire would have probably killed me off once I had given you a son or two," the thought of sons brought someone into her mind.

"How is Helaena?" She asked quietly. She saw how her half-brothers expression changed and she felt the guilt and sadness wash over her as she pondered over her innocent sister who had done nought to deserve her children dead.

"She is...well enough,"

There was no other words needed to be said.

They both stood, Ser Erryk keeping a close eye on them. Aegon stretched out his hand first making Rhaenyra quiet before she grabbed his hand shaking it back.

"My queen," Aegon said softly.

Rhaenyra stilled. "My king."

As they shook hands, they sealed the treaty, and left the tavern, ready to start a new chapter in the history of the Seven Kingdoms, together as Queen and King in their own right.

━━━━━━━━━━
note; this took annoyingly long to write. and this chapter will be edited cuz I don't like it.