four ─ 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗍

004.
𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝖿𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗍

warning: non-consensual acts

Lucenys Velaryon; beauty beyond any man's imagination. A beauty so unearthly one would kiss the ground she walked on to be in her presence, and people would whisper. Lucenys hated it. She hated the whispers, hated them all. Why would they not leave her alone? All her life she had been described as two things; a bastard and a beauty. People had suddenly forgotten about the bastard part though, and begun to look at her in a new light. Her mother had informed her, just a day after being in king's landing, that she had gotten an offer of marriage from four different lords.

She didn't want to marry any man who regarded her as only a beautiful face. There were many beautiful women in the realm— she knew most marriages would not last with only a pretty face. It would not be like her mother and father, Daemon like it would be for her. Her father was her mother's uncle, he was her family and why would he ever hurt his niece? An unknown man would not treat her so kindly. Kindly at first, but then she'd probably bore him. Lucenys was quiet, shy, and dreadfully afraid— even though she tried not to be. However, after all— wives were meant to be obedient and quiet while they have their whores to amuse them.

Lucenys would even admit it— she would've married Jace if her mother had offered. Luce knew her brother would treat her with respect and kindness, but he had been betrothed to Baela, so that was not happening. And Joffrey was betrothed to Rhaena. So who was left for her to marry?

"My sweet girl," her mother called out, and Luce practically spun out of her bed and ran towards her mother, before enveloping her in a big hug. Luce could feel her mother touch her hair in a comforting way. "What is the matter, Luce?"

Luce kept her face deep into her mother's warm body. "The marriage proposals from the lords you mentioned mother. Mother, I do not want to marry any of them. It will all be a disaster. Please do not make me marry them." she cried desperately.

Her mother brought her face to hers, brows furred with confusion, "who told you I would betroth you to any of them?"

"My brothers are betrothed now, and lords have been asking you for my hand and I—"

"And she will not accept any of them," interrupted a voice by her chamber doors.

Daemon leaned against the door as he stared at the scene before him, face unmoving and serious. "You are our daughter, I will kill anyone who dares touch you," he gave her mother a look. "However, you will need to get married someday. But it will be long before that time comes."

Luce let her mother go and sighed as she tried to keep her tears in. Gods, she was so weak. She was no Targaryen, no Velaryon, not even a Strong. She was truly living up to her name, a bastard. How could she be the daughter of Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, heir to the Iron Throne and the strongest woman in the Seven Kingdoms, yet be so weak? She did not understand it.

She looked down in shame, "I'm sorry for being so weak—"

"You are not weak. You are my daughter, and your father is right. One day you will have to do your duty and marry, but that day is long in the future. You are a Targaryen," her mother interrupted, face filled with determination.

Luce snorted sadly while fiddling with her hands. "I don't feel like a Targaryen, not a Velaryon, nor even a Strong,"

Her father sent her a look, "Do not say that here in king's landing, dear daughter. The walls do have ears."

"I'm sorry."

Her father left the room after kissing her on the forehead and assuring her that she did not have to worry about any of those thoughts. She watched as he left and her mother had her hand raking down her hair that lay bare on her back.