seven ─ 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖾𝗌𝖾

007.
𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖾𝗌𝖾

The pain was what woke her. She was dazed, her vision blurred by sheets of blinding pain behind her eyes. Lucenys tried to move, to sit up, but finds that she cannot. Her wrists and ankles were tied together with knots to make sure she did not move. She whimpered as the pain grew more severe.

Where was she? Why couldn't she remember anything?

"You are awake," she heard beside her.

She furred her brows at the familiar voice. Her eyes wandered to the silver-headed man sitting beside her bed. "A-aemond?"

"You have been asleep for long, niece," the cold voice made her nervous, but the pain made her freeze.

"What is happening, uncle?"

The silver-headed man came into view and it takes her breath away. She does not understand why she found Aemond so breathing. He looked like a Valyrian god. Though, she would never tell him that.

"You fell." He said simply. Lucenys frowned through the pain.

"I fell?" She questioned slowly. She furred her brows. She does not remember anything about that. She felt nervous. Why did she not remember anything? "I don't remember. Why don't I remember that I fell? Uncle, I don't understand—" her tone had become more frantic now, beginning to tug at her ropes. "And why am I bound? I don't understand please—"

A hand came to her shoulder, pushing her down the silks of the bed. She groaned at the pain that shot through her body. She shook her head at Aemond, wanting to understand.

"Where is my mother? And my brothers?"

"They are at Dragonstone," Aemond replied carefully with his words. "Do you not remember?"

"No, I only remember the feast grandsire had for us when we arrived at the petition. But why did my mother leave, she would not leave me here," she remarked quietly. "I do not understand what's happening uncle."

Aemond brought a chair closer to her. He began untying the ropes binding her to the bed. Lucenys sighed a breath of relief. She hesitated before grabbing his hand after he was finished. Aemond stiffened with shock. Lucenys only smiled at him. Mayhaps she and Aemond could be friends now?

"You'll be fine, Lucenys. You stayed in king's landing while your mother and siblings returned to Dragonstone. The king meant it would be an ... assistance in trying to mend our family," he tried to explain without it being an obvious lie. Lucenys did not remember anything and he would like it to stay that way. He had to go to the council meeting to find out how they are going to keep her unaware.

Aemond only now noticed that he had held her hand for some moments. He coughed before standing. "Well, I'll leave you to rest—"

"No!" Lucenys suddenly blurted out, grabbing his hand once again, refusing him to leave. Aemond blinks and stares. Gods, he felt a warm heat flush up his arm. She stared at him wide-eyed and afraid. "Please don't go. I-I am afraid. Please only just till I fall asleep."

Aemond pondered over it for a moment. He truly wanted to leave and make sure to get rid of the uncomfortable feeling he had in his chest. He looked at her, her pink lips parted, her long black hair looking like a cloak on her shoulders. She looked so utterly delicate and afraid.