Act One, Scene Seven

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
"𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙻𝚎𝚏𝚝 𝙼𝚎"
𝟷𝟸𝟺 𝙰𝙲 - 𝙳𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

     THE AIR WHIPPED HARSHLY AT the girls face as she soared high above her cousins, casting their dragons in the shadow of her own. It wasn't often that the girl got to ride Meraxes, and she was honestly surprised when Viserys approached her saying that she would be riding on dragonback to Driftmark.

     Nonetheless, she was happy for the taste of freedom she got when riding her beloved mount. The way the wind blew at her platinum locks, making tight knots that were nearly impossible to detangle.

     The only sad part was that she had to watch as her dearest friend looked up at her in longing.

     The journey didn't take very long, merely half a day before the island was visible in the distance, it's steep cliffs and sandy dunes providing a sense of relief to Vaella's aching limbs. She had never been to the seat of House Velaryon, and she only wished she had been here on better circumstances.

     Meraxes whined softly as the island came into view, as if sensing the long lost ally that waited on the sandy shores. It caused a smile to lift at the girl's lips.

    "Can you sense her, Mer?" She asked her dragon, the Valyrian words rolling easily off her tongue. "Can you sense Vhagar?" The beast whined once again in response.

     Sand flew up as the dragon landed in the open hills, letting out a loud roar as if to announce their arrival. Her wings spread the particles all around them, earning groans of annoyance from her eldest cousin, who had already dismounted and was waiting on the ground for her, per his mother's request.

     "Really?" Aegon called up to her, lowering his hand from having shielded his face from the dust, brushing off his riding gear.

     The girl laughed, shrugging slightly with an amused grin. "That wasn't my doing, dear cousin. It was the dragon."

     He merely rolled his eyes and watched as she carefully made her way down from Meraxes' back, giving the beast a gentle stroke along her neck. "Rest, dear one." She said to the she-dragon, who made a sound that was oddly close to the purr a cat would make before she stretched her wings and took off into the air once more.

     Vaella watched with a smile until the dragon was out of sight, then turned with a small huff to the boy. "Shall we?" She questioned, not waiting for him to respond as she made her way towards the castle.

𖤍

She had never felt so out of place, standing beside the queen and her family while they watched a funeral for a woman she had never known. And yet, she knew they were family, but only because she was told as much.

The deep green fabric of her dress blew in the breeze that carried in from the sea, her white hair pinned back in elegant braids to keep from once again getting knotted in the wind. Here eyes stayed cast ahead of her, though she could feel someone looking directly at her, and she knew exactly who it was.

He had been looking at her since she arrived, her hand tucked in the crook of Aemond's arm, clutching tightly at the sleeve of his tunic. Not once did she meet his eyes, knowing she would not be able to hold back the hatred for him in her glare.