Act One, Scene Fourteen

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
"𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚛𝚒𝚊"
𝟷𝟸𝟾 𝙰𝙲 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

BELLS TOLLED IN THE DISTANCE. The cheering of the small folk could be heard for miles, echoing in the sky so loudly that it could be heard from the terrace of the princess' chambers. The girl in question stood near the rail, looking out at the city below with a glass of red wine in her hand.

"Vaella," A stern, yet caring, voice called from inside the room, causing the girl to turn. Her eyes met the green ones of her motherly figure. "Come inside before you ruin your hair."

She smiled slightly at the queen, taking one last glance out at the city before making her way back into her room, her clothing going still from the lack of wind blowing gently at her body.

"Now," Alicent continued as the girl approached the small group consisting of the queen herself, Helaena, and two handmaidens whose names she could not recall. "You have less than an hour to be at the Sept."

The younger princess hummed softly, sipping at her drink. Alicent had tried convince the betrothed to get married in the ways of the Seven, but they both insisted they wanted to get married per their families ancestry; in they ways of Valyria. So, instead, compromised on holding the ceremony in the Sept of Baylor, so at least their Gods could watch down on them.

She set down her now empty glass, turning to the two handmaidens with a gentle smile. "Let us finish readying then."

𖤍

     Her heart was hammering as she sat alone in the carriage, wringing her hands in her lap as she tried to focus on the screaming of the crowds rather than her ragged breaths. In just a moment's time, she would be at the Sept, where Aegon would be waiting for her.

     Due to her father's absence and the decline of the king's health, her elder cousin offered to walk her to her future husband's side. An offer she instantly accepted with a grateful smile.

    Just as she had thought, it wasn't long until she felt the coach coming to a stop, the door beside her opened to reveal the grand staircase up to the holy building. Taking a deep breath, she stepped out, the roar of the crowds intensifying tenfold.

    After quickly thanking the guards who had brought her, she started her journey to the top, trying to focus on each step she took as to not fall over her dress of ivory and gold. The fabric was bunched tightly in her grasp, keeping her from digging her fingernails into her palms.

     Trumpets sounded as she reached the top, the doors ahead of her opening to reveal the crowd awaiting her arrival. All eyes turned to her as she stopped in the doorway, holding her head high despite the nerves she had been feeling all morning.

    Aemond's head snapped to the door the second he heard brass instruments sound, his eyes softening at the sight of his lady. She looked like the embodiment of the Maiden and the Warrior all in one, standing tall even before all these strangers.

It made a smile come to the boy's lips.

His elder brother stepped forwards from where he stood off to the side, saying a few words to his cousin before she took his arm, the two then making their descent down the large staircase.