Act One, Scene Thirteen

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
"𝙲𝚊𝚗'𝚝 𝙳𝚎𝚗𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚖 𝙰𝚕𝚕"
𝟷𝟸𝟾 𝙰𝙲 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

     A WHOLE THREE DAYS WERE set aside to celebrate the union of the two Targaryens. Two days of tournament, followed by the royal wedding—which would take place on the morning of the third day with a grand night of feasting after. Ravens were sent out all across the continent, inviting all highborn families of the kingdoms to the affair.

     To all except Dragonstone.

    Vaella did not wish for her blood father and first cousin to be there, nor their children. It was going to be the happiest time of her life, and the girl didn't want her mood to be dampened by the last memories she had of that side of her family.

    "What do you think of this material, Princess?"

The girl tuned her head away from the window to the bright sky outside, facing the small, plump that stood before her. Outstretched in her arms laid a sheet of white fabric, though when the Targaryen touched her fingers to it, her nose scrunched up slightly.

"It is a little scratchy," She said in a kind tone, her eyes flittering up to meet the woman's, her half smile gracing her lips. "I'd prefer something a little softer, if you can, Marianne."

Marianne was a kind woman, with a heart so big it could fill the princess' bedchambers. She had supposedly been the royal seamstress going back quite a few generations, having made the gown for not only her cousin Helaena's wedding, but also the one for the late queen, Aemma.

She nodded. "Of course, princess." Her warm tone matched the smile she gave as she returned over to the table where at least a dozen different fabrics and cloths resided.

"You can't deny them all, dear one," A new voice entered the mix—the queen, who sat with an amused smile beside the tea table, a glass of wine in her hand. A heavily pregnant Helaena sat beside her, humming softly as she rubbed her hand across her growing stomach. "The wedding is in less than a fortnight."

Vaella sighed, stepping down from her stool and making her way over to the table of cloth. "I am aware," She said softly, running her fingers over the variety of materials. "I would just like something that will not be unbearable to stay in the entirety of the day."

    The Hightower woman hummed softly, taking a sip out of her glass. The room fell silent for a few moments after that, the youngest of the group still analyzing the sample fabrics laid out before her.

"I quite like this one, Marianne," She spoke up after a moment, holding the piece out to the woman, who smiled widely and nodded, pulling the fabric from the table and rushing across the room to grab more of it. As she did so, Vaella turned towards her family. "Any word from Dragonstone?"

There was an underlying tone to her voice the was understood by the royal mother—the king didn't know that a raven hadn't been sent to his eldest daughter's family, by order of the young princess herself, and it was intended to stay that way.

"The king is still awaiting a response," Alicent said in a casual tone, not to draw any suspicion from the seamstress. "As of now, it seems as though they will not be in attendance."

    Seeing the look of knowing in the queen's eyes, Vaella nodded, her lips twitching up just slightly before she slowly made her way to the table where the two royals sat. Her fingers grasped around the golden goblet lightly, sipping the red contents of it.

    Helaena noticed the movement close to her and looked up, her eyes lighting up as she saw the younger girl beside her. "Are you excited for your wedding, cousin?"

    She hummed softly, giving her half-smile to the woman as she lowered herself into a seat next to her. "I am," The girl replied honestly, her eyes adverting to look into the goblet still in her grasp. "It has been a long awaited day. One I cannot wait any longer for."

    "I am glad you're happy," The queen's only daughter reached over and placed a gentle hand on her cousin's arm, causing the girl's eyes to meet hers.

    The room fell silent for a while after that, the only sound filling the space being the clatter of the pregnant princess' tea cup and the humming coming from the elderly woman across the room. Each were in their own mindset, and they were all fine with it being that way.

     "Princess?" The dress maker finally spoke up after a while, gaining the girl's attention.

    A small smile decorating her face, Vaella rose from her chair and made her way over to the table where the woman was standing. "Yes, Marianne?"

    In front of her were nearly a dozen different sketches, each extravagant in their own unique way, yet each were just as beautiful as the others. "These are all the ideas that I think would suit you perfectly, princess." The seamstress gave the girl a smile to match her own before looking away again. "Now, take your time and-"

    "This one."

    Marianne's head snapped quickly over to the princess again, seeing her with a piece of parchment resting between her dainty fingers. The corner of her lips were upturned as she took in every detail of the design.

    "What do you think, Your Grace?" The girl with a head of white questioned, looking over at the queen, who had rose from her seat and made her way over. Her green eyes flittered across the sketch, her lips upturning as well.

    "I think it's perfect."

𖤍

𝑆𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠; 𝑖 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑚𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑤ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑒.

𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠, 𝐼 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝.

𝑆𝑜, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑐𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝐼 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑠𝑖𝑐 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑝𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑎 𝑉𝑎𝑙𝑦𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑛 𝑤𝑒𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑖𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑒. 𝐼𝑓 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑒𝑥𝑝𝑙𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜𝑙𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑠 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑤𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑑 𝑏𝑒 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡 (: