Six

Everyone else starts to rush to follow you and when you get there, you see Bill about to walk inside.

"Bill!" Beverly yelled, causing him to turn around as you all dropped your bikes on the street.

"Bill, you can't go in there, this is crazy!" she shouts as you guys walked past the gate.

He turns around "look, you don't have to come in with me"

You all stare at him as he continues, "But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us?" you look at the ground and fiddled with your fingers hearing him say her name and knowing he's right.

"Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but...he isn't. So walking into this house, for me, it's easier than walking into my own" he finished.

His speech was heartbreaking to hear because you know he'll never really let Georgie go, so the best thing you can do as his friend is to be there for him no matter what, even if it means walking into a crackhead house.

Everyone remains silent, and he turns around to face the house once more.

"Wow," Richie exclaimed in awe.

"What?" Ben inquired.

Richie adjusts his glasses, mumbling, "he didn't stutter once."

You roll your eyes as you hear his stupid reasoning, he heard the entire speech, and he was only thinking about how much he stuttered.

Richie walks up to the porch first, and then you started to walk up behind him. But before you could even get to the stairs, Stanley called out "wait!"

Everyone turns to look at him, making him nervous, "um...shouldn't we have some people on watch?" He asked.

"You know, just in case something bad happens?" He continued.

Bill looks down at you guys "who wants to stay out here?"

Everyone raises their hands without hesitation, except for Bev. You wanted to help Bill, but you didn't really want to go inside the creepy old rundown house that looks like it could collapse at any moment.

Everyone looks around, noticing that we all had our hands up.

Richie sighs and mumbles "fuck" as you all lower your hands.

You guys decided to just pick sticks, and the three with the shortest had to go inside, while the rest had to stand guard.

Bill walks down the line with sticks that appear to be the same length because he was covering the ends.

He approaches Richie first because he is in the front, he looks up at Bill with a worried expression before picking up his stick.

He picks one and pulls it, and it's short, like really short, probably the shortest one.

He grunts, "shit!" He exclaims as he angrily throws the stick on the ground.