Thirteen

You all sit down around the table; you sit next to Bill and Beverly, and Stanley sits across from you, sitting beside Ben and Mike.

After your drinks and food arrived, you guys grabbed your shots and cheered with them.

As you drunk your shot, you scrunched your nose; it's a habit you've always had.

"So wait, Eddie, you got married?" Richie jokingly asked while obviously trying to hold in a laugh.

Eddie clearly took offense to this, "Yeah, why is it so fucking funny, dickwad?" Eddie harshly questioned back, making you snicker.

"What? to like a woman?" Richie asked, obviously just trying to make Eddie mad.

Eddie shakes his head. "Fuck you, bro," he responds while pointing his chopsticks in Richie's direction.

Richie chuckles, "Fuck you!" He shouts

"Alright, trash mouth, are you married?" Bill asked

You laughed already knowing the answer clearly, he isn't. Richie, is the type to just end up single forever.

Beverly seemed to have the same exact thought, "There is no way that Richie is married," she said.

Richie looked offended at Bev's response, "no, I got married." He insists

You smirked and placed down your drink that you just took a sip of, "Richie, I don't believe it," you said as you shook your head.

Eddie looks kind of hurt. "when?" He mumbled

"You didn't hear this?" Richie asked, shocked, and Eddie just shook his head in response.

"You didn't know I got married?" Eddie shakes his head no again. "Yeah, no, me and your mom are very happy right now."

His joke caught you off guard, making you choke on your food as you laughed.

You look up and see Stanley shaking his head, trying to fight back a laugh. He has always been so tense he needs to loosen up.

"Fuck you," Eddie mumbles.

Richie just smirked at Eddie's response, "She's very sweet. sometimes she'll put her arm around me and whisper to me." He starts talks in a voice that you don't really understand, it's kind of like chewbacca as he demonstrates what she does.

You laugh again at his joke, and Eddie just shakes his head and looks offended. "We all get it, my mom's a great big fat person," he speaks as he raises his arm for some reason.

That took you by surprise, and you had to fight back a laugh, but you failed as always and joined everyone laughing.

After everyone calms down, Ben asks a question, "Wait, so who's all married?" As he spoke, he looked directly at Bev, which you thought was a little odd.

You look around, and you see Bill and Eddie raise their arms, and so does Beverly, but she looks sad as she does.

You smile when you don't see Stanley raise his arm. You don't know why, you guys haven't talked in years and your smiling like you have a crush on him again, just because he's not married doesn't mean he doesn't have a girlfriend, you think to yourself.

Beverly was shocked not to see your hand raise, "Y/n, you're not married?!"

You smiled and shook your head, "Really? I always thought you would be the first one to be married since you love romance so much," Beverly stated.

She was right. You did love romance and love, but that really doesn't mean anything, but you kind of get why she was shocked. "Just haven't found the right person, I guess," you shrugged.

You see Stanley in the corner of your eye smile and look down.

Beverly just nods, but Ben starts taking, "I always thought you and Stanley would get married." This made Richie laugh as he drank his drink.

You stop chewing your food, and everyone just looks at you, or either Stanley

Stan is clearly taken aback by his statement, "Well, uh, actually, I did get married, but we got a divorce,"as he spoke he rolled his eyes, seeming very salty about it.

That definitely didn't really have anything to do with what Ben said, it seemed like he was trying to change the subject, and it indeed worked.

"It was probably because you're so boring, you're basically an old man," Richie said.

You couldn't help but laugh a little, and so did everyone else.

Stanley shrugs and laughs it off, but seems a little hurt by his comment, which you felt bad for and regret laughing at.

A different waiter walks in, and he goes straight to you, "Oh my god, it's actually you! Can I take a picture with you?" He squeals.

Everyone stopped talking and just stared at you. You just smiled and said, "Uh, yeah, I guess so."

He gets excited and smiles widely as he bends down and takes a picture.

After he gets it, he thanks you and leaves.

Richie Being Richie, he made a few snarky comments, but you rolled your eyes and ignored him.

It's been a little while, and everyone has their own little conversation going on with someone they're talking to.

"I saw your newest movie, by the way," Mike spoke.

"yeah? How was it? Be honest." You smiled as you asked.

He looks down, smiles, and then laughs slightly, before saying, "It was really good, you're such a good actress." He praised, making your smile bigger.

You giggled a little, "Thank you, I was worried about the emotional scene where I had to cry and scream," you mumbled.

He looks at you with a serious face. "You're kidding, right?" He asked

You knit your eyebrows at his sudden change, which also grabbed everyone else's attention, so now they're looking at you.

"Yeah?" You nervously asked, your voice a little low with a worried tone.

"That was the best part!" He exclaimed as a smile spread across his face, changing it.

You let out a breath of relief and laughed a little, and so did everyone else.

As you were filling up your empty glass with more alcohol, Richie starts talking, "Wait, let's talk about the elephant not in the room, Ben, what the fuck happened?" He spoke as he looked directly at Ben.

Everyone stays silent as you all listen to Ben say, "Yeah, okay, obviously I lost a few pounds."

Everyone starts agreeing with him, and you notice Beverly looking at Ben in a strange way for a married woman to look at someone, which makes you smirk.

You always knew that Ben had a massive crush on Beverly since they met, but you never seemed to understand if she liked him back. The look Bev gave him sure answered that question.

"You're like, uh, you're hot!" Richie randomly says that, making you laugh a little, he really has no filter.

Everyone starts agreeing and starts complimenting him, and he visibly gets embarrassed, so he tries to change the subject.

"Remember when Eddie basically saved my life after Bowers cut me up?" He brings up a random memory, but it seems like he was remembering it as he spoke.

"Holy shit, that's right!" Eddie exclaims.

"Please tell me you ended up becoming a doctor, Eddie." Stanley adds as he leans forward slightly, clearly interested.

Eddie looks down at his plate as he answers, looking almost embarrassed for some odd reason, "no, I, uh, ended up becoming a risk analyst."

"Oh, that sounds really interesting. What does that entail?" Richie asked

"So I work for this big insurance firm," he says, but stops talking when he hears Richie fake snoring, pretending to be asleep with his head back.

Everyone starts laughing, and Richie 'wakes up' and looks directly at Eddie.

"Fuck you, dude, fuck you," Eddie says to Richie as he gives him a death stare.

They've said fuck you to each other, so many times that at this point you're starting to think it secretly means I love you.

"Was this job invited before fun?" Richie asked, causing them to start bickering again, which makes you roll your eyes.

Once they stop, Beverly grabs her beer and raises it in the air. "I propose a toast to the losers," she announces.

You all grab your drinks, raise them, and hit them together.

When you're done eating, the waitress comes back in with fortune cookies, making you smile wide.

"Y/n, don't you love fortune cookies?" Stanley asked, trying to remember.

You laugh slightly. "Yeah, I do," you admit, surprised that he remembered since you completely forgot that you told him.

That was the first time tonight other than greeting each other you guys spoke to each other; it seemed like you guys were a little nervous for some reason.

He nods and smiles when you answer, making him look a little proud of himself.

You don't know what it was, maybe it was that he remembered something about you or the way he looked when you told him, but you start to feel your face burn up with heat, which was a familiar feeling that Stanley caused.

You grab a fortune cookie as Ben starts to speak, "I mean, it's weird, right?" He asked loudly, causing everyone to look at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Now that we're all here, everything just comes back faster and faster, I mean all of it," he finished.

You nod your head in agreement, he's completely right. Now that you're here with everyone and talking to them, you remember stuff that you didn't even remember forgetting.

"Yeah, did you know that when Mike called me, I threw up? Isn't that weird? Like I got nervous and got sick and threw up." Richie admitted out loud, making your nose scrunch up in disgust. You hate throwing up.

You agree with him though, you got a overwhelmed feeling as well, and it was really weird. You look over at Mike, and he looks like he's hiding something, and by the looks of it, it was nothing good.

"I feel fine now. I feel very relieved to be here with you guys now... why is everybody looking at me like this?" He continues when no one speaks up and just stares at him.

"When Mike called me, I crashed my car," Eddie blurts out.

"Man, I hear you. My heart was literally pounding right out of my chest," Ben adds.

"I got this feeling it was so overwhelming, and I couldn't move or speak after Mike called me, I was frozen or something." Stanley mumbles

You crease your eyebrows in confusion, you all got that feeling, but why?

"I thought it was only me," you muttered.

"Like pure f-f," Bill tries to speak, but he starts to stutter, not being able to continue.

"Fear" Mike finishes for him, causing everyone to look at him.

"It's fear that you felt," he continues.

"Why do we all feel like that?" Bill asked the question we were all thinking.

Mike looks down at his plate, looking guilty.

"You remember something we don't, don't you, Mike?" Bill asked

Mike looks up. "Something happens to you when you leave this town farther away, the hazier it gets, but me, I never left, so yeah, I remember, I remember all of it," he said, causing you to get goosebumps and shiver. What is all of it he's referring to?

You suddenly get the same feeling you got when you answered Mike's phone call as the familiar face of a clown flashes through your mind.

"Pennywise," Beverly fearfully mumbles.

You swallow sacredly at his name, remembering all the horrible and terrifying memories he caused, making you freeze.

Everyone starts panicking, and Eddie grabs his inhaler.

"Mike, you said you wanted our help with something; what was that?" Bill asked

"There's an echo here and there, and it bounces back twenty seven years, right?" Mike tries to explain

"What? What are you talking about?" Eddie asked, clearly terrified.

"Hold on, listen. We thought we stopped it back then, and we thought it was done, but" Mike stops and grabs something.

He grabs a book and starts flipping through the pages.

"Mike, I swear to god if you're pranking us right now," you mumble out afraid.

He ignores you and points to a page in his book, "A week ago, a man named Adrian Melon slaughtered. A girl named Lisa Allred went missing. There have already been others, and there will be more," he rants.

Everyone starts panicking, and your brain starts doing the thing you hate, where everyone's talking turns into muffled noises.

You look over at Stanley, and he has a petrified look on his face as he stares down at his plate, frozen like you.

Everyone seems to calm down a little, and your hearing slowly starts going back to normal. "The echos... We might have changed it just like it changed us, but we didn't stop it, because it just bounced back. We made an oath, and that's why I brought you back, and that's why you're here, to finish it for good" Mike explains making your heart sink.

"Well that shit got dark fast, thanks Mike," Richie mumbled as he opened up his fortune cookie.

You look down at the unopened fortune cookie in your hand and open it.

You pull out the tiny slip of paper and read it. You knit your eyebrows in confusion. Your fortune just says, "See."

"My fortune just says fun" Eddie sighs in disappointment.

"They don't know how to do fortune cookies around here, mine just says to." Richie spoke as he showed his slip of paper to us, making you even more confused.

Bill stands up, grabs everyone's slips, and tries to piece them together like a puzzle.

Everyone, including you, gets impatient after a while, so you guys stand up as well.

"Fun are to so we much going?" Richie said as he read the slips out loud.

"It's a message," Mike points out.

Bill rearranges a few words, "We are so fun to go." Richie reads it out loud again.

Everyone starts trying to piece it together out loud, causing chaos and arguments.

Everything you guys put didn't make any sense. "I think we're missing a word," you stated.

You all look over at Beverly since she hasn't said anything and she's just sitting there frozen, not moving, holding her fortune.

Everyone gets quiet when they notice her.

She puts her slip down on the table in silence as everyone watches her.

You look at the slip of paper, it says "have." You wonder why she is so worried, but you realize she must've just been scared of the whole situation.

Bill slides the paper up and rearranges a few as you all silently watch.

Together, it was "we are going to have so much fun." You look around and see everyone visibly scared at the taunt.

Suddenly the table shook, and now the other fortune cookies start rattling like something's in them.

One flies out, and it starts hatching, and what looks like a scorpion leg pops out of it.

"What the fuck is that man?" Richie asked, but no one answered.

It hatches all the way, and you back away when you see it. Its body looks like a scorpion, but its head is a baby, and it starts crying, and it has wings like flies.

Suddenly more fly out and start hatching too; one is an eyeball, which makes you gag since it had the string looking stuff on the back of it and used it to crawl around.

Richie panics "Hey, hey, that fortune cookie is looking at me!" He screams

You start freaking out and having a panic attack, so you close your eyes and put your hands over your ears to block out any noise, trying to calm yourself down.

You can still hear some of the stuff going on, so you squeeze your hands tighter around your ears, trying to block all noise.

Your logic was that if you couldn't hear or see it, it didn't exist.

Someone pulls you into a hug and protectively shields your head away by putting it on their shoulder as they hold the back of your head.

You open your eyes when you can't hear anything anymore, and you see Mike standing there, holding up a slightly broken chair, with the waitress looking at him like he was crazy. "Everything okay?" She asks.

Mike just freezes, so Richie answers for him, "Yeah, can we get the check?"

She leaves, and you look up at the person who protected you, and you see Stanley looking back down at you.

You both stay still for a second before you both realize where you are, so you quickly back away from each other. "I think it's safe to say I hate fortune cookies now," you mumble, making Stanley laugh.

You look around at everyone, and they all look absolutely terrified.

You guys calm yourselves down, and when you guys are on the way to leave someone behind, you all spoke, "Hey, Richie!" They said making everyone freeze and turn around.

You see a little boy standing there looking up at Richie, "How'd you, uh, know my name?" Richie questioned the boy.

"The fun's just beginning, right?" The boy says with a creepy smile.

No one responds, and he stays there, standing with the same smile on his face.

Eddie looks at you and says, "Wait. He said.." He stops, not being able to finish the rest.

"Listen. You think this is funny, right?" You think this is some sort of game, huh? Well, fuck you! Alright, fuck you! I'm not afraid of you!" Richie yells as he grabs the boy by his sleeve and yanks him, making the poor boy terrified and extremely confused.

"The fun's just beginning the line from your act, dude, I'm a fan!" The boy explains, making you gasp.

Richie looks up "Are those your parents?" Richie asked as he pointed at a couple with a little girl.

The boy turns around as they walk up to you guys. "Yeah," he simply says, as he turns back around."

Richie stays silent for a while before speaking, "You want a picture?"

The boy turns around again and sees his dad gesturing for him to follow them. "I think I'm good," he tells Richie before going to his parents.

The parents give richie weird looks as they leave, and Richie turns back towards you guys, and he looks so embarrassed.

"I think you just lost a fan.." you mumbled.

"Jesus richie you don't remember a line from your own show?" Stan asked him clearly disappointed.

Richie shrugs "I don't write my own material" he admits.

Eddie gets excited "I fucking knew it! I fucking knew it!" He yelled from behind you guys.

~~~~~

A/N
Sorry, this part took forever to write because of the holidays, and I procrastinated because of how long I made it. Also I honestly hate the thing I did with the fortunes, it's really the only thing I could come up with that had eight words so don't judge it.