Nine

It's been a few weeks since Stanley ended things, and it's now August, and you've kinda distanced yourself from everyone, or at least everyone you still talk to, which isn't many.

It's been really boring just sitting in your room doing nothing, but it did give you some sorta peace.

You were watching TV and cleaning your room when you got a phone call. You rolled your eyes and ignored it at first, thinking it was Stanley calling to apologize again.

But then it rang again, and you felt compelled to answer the phone, you got this feeling as if something terrible had happened.

You picked it up and held it up to your ear, saying, "hello?" You called out.

"Y/n, i-it got Beverly," you hear someone on the other end and immediately recognize it as Bill's voice.

You crease your brows."What are you talking about?" You query.

"IT y/n, IT got Beverly," he repeats.

Your jaw drops and you feel stupid for not understanding what he meant at first, then you realize bevs are in danger, "I'll be right over."

You could basically sense him nodding through the phone, so you hung up, put on your shoes, and started pedaling as fast as you could to the Neilbolt house.

You met the other losers halfway there, nobody really said anything, there was a lot of silence, but it wasn't uncomfortable silence, it was more of a comforting silence.

Everyone was so determined to rescue Bev that they just put the past behind them and pretended like it just it never happened.

You all come to a halt at the familiar house where you were just attacked about a month ago, and you all walk through the rusted gate.

"Guys, spikes," Bill said as he removed his backpack.

You look behind you and see Eddie throwing his Fanny Pack across the yard, which makes you smile.

Bill grabs a piece of the metal gate and begins constructing something you can't quite tell at the moment.

Then Richie picks up an old bottle from the ground and tries to break it to make a weapon, but it takes too much off, so he just throws it back to the ground in defeat as we watch.

When you guys walk in, you get flashbacks from the last time you were here, that make you shiver and get goose bumps.

"Stan?" Ben yells, causing you and the other losers to turn around and look at him.

He looks terrified, and he refused to walk in but Bill steps up. "Stan, we all have to go. B-Beverly was right, if we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. But if we s-stick together, all of us, we'll win. I promise."

You wanted to say something as well, but you were hesitant after remembering your last interaction with him. Stanley exhales a huge breath of air that he had been holding in before walking inside behind you guys.

You take a deep breath and let everyone get in front of you and then you start walking towards Stanley so you can stand next to him.

"Hey, are you okay?" You whispered to him.

He looks at you before looking down again. "Yeah, I'm just so scared," he admits.

You nod, "I am too... but we can stick together if you want."

He smiles and nods, and it gets quiet again before he says, "Y/N, After we do this, can we talk?" He asked.

You think for a moment and then nod, making him half smile.