Seven

You wake up to the sounds of medical mechanics beeping, and you squint your eyes to look around because it's so bright and you've only just woken up.

You smile as you notice Stanley sleeping in the armchair next to you, but you frown when you realize he's the only one there. Not even your mom or the other loser even cared enough.

As a nurse enters the hospital room and makes a loud noise, causing Stanley to become wide awake.

When you make eye contact with him, he realizes you're awake and brightly smiles, "y/n! you're okay!" He rushes to hug you, exclaiming excitedly.

He hugs you a little too tightly, and you wince because you're still really sore.

He quickly backs away, "oh yeah, sorry I forgot, I was just really worried about you" he admits making you smile.

The nurse gives you a gentle sweet smile as she hands you some water and tells you to relax.

"What happened?" You query.

She frowns, and you notice how young she looks, almost as if it's one of her first days on the job.

"Well, you got cut pretty deep and you lost a lot of blood. You lost one third of it, which is extremely lethal. It's a miracle that you survived and didn't go into hypovolemic shock or anything." She explains.

You nod and look down at your hands, nervously fiddling with your fingers as you try to calm down as you always do when you're about to cry, and when you get this overwhelming feeling, that's like a mixture of sadness and nervousness making you want to crawl up in a ball, you're confused as to why you were feeling this way out of nowhere.

Maybe it was the fact that your own mother didn't even bother to show up making you wonder if she cares about you at all.

Or perhaps it was that none of your friends, other than Stanley, cared enough about you to come to check on you.

But it's not really fair to just assume, right? I mean Eddie probably doesn't even know you're in the hospital because his mom dragged him away and forbade us from ever seeing each other again, but if he did know, he'd probably come even though he's terrified of hospitals and would complain the entire time that there's like a million diseases flying around in here.

Bill probably feels terrible about the whole thing and you know that he likely blames himself for it but really doesn't want to run into richie, and Richie probably thinks the same thing too. It may be difficult to believe but underneath all the snarky remarks, inappropriate jokes, and his shield to keep people away, he actually secretly cares a lot.

And you only met Ben, Beverly, and Mike a couple of weeks ago, so you can't really blame them for not checking up on you, but you were still friends, and they really had no other excuse to show up.

You shake your head at all the stupid excuses you made up for them not showing up, you knew that if they truly did care, they would have shown up, but they didn't.

"Y/n?" Stanley calls out making you get startled out of your reverie.

You blink a few times before looking at him, waiting for him to continue.

"You zoned out a little there," he chuckles slightly.

You share a small laugh with him, even though you don't really think it's funny.

The nurse had left, she probably had to go get the doctor or something and inform them that you had woken up.

You guys sat in silence for a while, but you broke it "Stanley..." you muttered.