Eight

When you and the losers were good, you would hang out outside every day, but now that the bar mitzvah has passed a few days, you're essentially dying of boredom.

Ever since you and the losers split up, you couldn't see any of them. You could still see Richie and Stanley, but it just wasn't the same.

You sigh and decide that going for a walk to kill some time would be fun.

You put your walkman on and close the door while listening to Blondie, Kate Bush, and A-ha music.

At about halfway during your walk, you spot Bill strolling down the street while hiding his bike beside him. he looks kinda drained, his face was red and his eyes look so buffy like he had just been crying a few minutes ago.

You walk over to him without a second thought, just because you weren't that close anymore doesn't mean you can't check up on him. You  take off your headphone, and switch off the music.

"What's wrong, bill?" You questioned him while giving him a worried look.

He sniffles and shakes his head, "n-nohing," he murmurs under his breath.

When you give him a look, he rolls his eyes and looks down, saying, "It's about G-Georgie... I-I miss him, and s-sometimes I think it's my fault he went missing, like if I had gone out to play with him, t-then m-maybe he would've been oka-" He rants on and on, blaming himself.

You rest your arm on his shoulder for comfort, "bill..." you say, trying to get him to be quiet and grab his attention.

he looks up at you waiting for you to continue, "Bill, you're the best big brother there ever was, you cared about Georgie so much and he knew that. He loved you and just because you didn't want to play on a rainy day? Only one day? Let's not make it your fault," you say.

He nods, wipes away some of his tears, and you pull him into a big hug.

You pull away, and he smiles back, "thank you y-y/n...

"I'm sorry for not checking up on you at the hospital or even at all I was just so mad at Richie but that's not an excuse, I was a terrible friend, and I'm really sorry" He goes on a rant.

"It's fine, i don't really blame you" you mumbled and he nods in return.

*time skip*

You got ready since you and Stanley are supposed to go bird watching together.

You grab your bike and ride over to the park you guys always go to for bird watching.

He's already there. sitting on the grass and looking at the pages, you laugh as you walk over "starting without me?!" You called out.

He jumps and snaps his head around like he was doing something he wasn't supposed to, and he looks down at the book before looking back up and responding, "I, uh, was just counting all the pages, I was curious at how many there were."

You felt like something was wrong, like something was bothering him, it was his body language. You wanted to ask him about it, but thought it would be better to just mind your business. If he wanted to tell you about it, he would.

You ignore it and you scoff, "Loser, you've always been such a terrible liar, so stop doing it," you tell him as you sit down beside him.

He just rolls his eyes and looks at the page that was opened on the thirteenth page, and on it was a Black capped chickadee.

"So we are trying to spot all these birds before summer ends?" You asked him.

He pauses slightly, then nods, saying, "It shouldn't be that hard, they're all common birds, plus I've already found three." He shrugs.