Fourteen

You guys walk out of the restaurant together, and you feel the cold air hit your face as the doors open.

You all stand around in the parking lot, and you can basically sense an argument is going to happen.

"We need to stop him, I have a plan," Mike insists.

You didn't want to fight IT after all the trauma he put you through, even though you are just now remembering it.

"I got a plan. We're getting the hell out of dodge before this ends worse than one of Bill's books," Richie spoke, causing Bill to give him a death stare, which Richie ignored. "Who's with me?" he finished as he held up a two with his hands.

Eddie raises his hand in a two as well, and part of you wanted to hold up a two as well, but something in you told you to stay. As you fight with your thoughts, you glance at Stanley and make eye contact; he has an anxious expression on his beautiful face.

You frowned; you knew what he wanted to do. He doesn't think he's as brave as Mike, Beverly, or Bill, but he is, even though he doesn't see it. You thought he would at least think about it. You would be lying if you said you weren't a little disappointed. He did look really cute with the frown though, you can't stay disappointed in him.

"We made a promise to each other." Mike protests but gets interrupted by Richie.

"Let's, uh, let's unmake the promise." Richie spoke without thinking, making no sense, but you knew what he meant.

Ben shakes his head. "A bunch of other people are going to die," he adds, taking you by surprise. It seems he got a little braver and more confident, which is not what you remember. You remember him as a shy, go with the flow kind of boy.

"A bunch of other people die every day," Richie frantically shouts, waving his arms in the air.

"We don't own this town shit plus I just remembered I grew up here like two hours ago so I'm fucking leaving." Richie finishes

You kind of agreed with Richie. You don't really want to do it just because you made a promise when you were thirteen. I mean, yeah, people are going to die, but when you think about it and look back on it, everyone in Derry is a bunch of fucking assholes.

But still, some of the kids aren't; maybe some are going through the same things you went through. Even thinking about this tugs at your heart, they're probably not as lucky as you guys were.

Ugh, you are so indecisive, especially in important situations like these. Your mind starts racing again, trying to decide whether to go back home or stay here and fight it.

"Fuck this!"  Richie shouts as he leaves and walks away, leaving you and the others speechless.

Eddie starts walking away as well. "I'm sorry, man, but I'm with Richie," he mumbles.

Mike stops him. "Ed, listen," he pleaded.

Eddie shakes his head and says, "What? We stay or we die, that's it? I'm going back to the inn. I'm going to go back up all my shit and I'm going to drive to my home. I'm sorry, man, good luck," Eddie spoke as he walks off.

Mike starts following him slowly behind. "No Eddie, please! please eddie!  eddie wait!"  As he begged, he shouted louder and louder, but Eddie kept walking and ignored him.

You and Stanley make eye contact, and he gives you a sad smile. You knew what he was going to do, and in all honesty, you were going to do the same thing as him.

He holds up his hand while keeping eye contact, and you break it to look at Mike. "I can't do this, Mike, I'm sorry," you mumble as you walk away.

"Stan, y/n please," he begged. You and Stan ignored him and kept walking. Stanley was walking right beside you. You felt bad, but you just couldn't do it, especially without Stanley.