Chapter Four

Haley Seresin

Two weeks after the party, Haley had been making her best attempt to get back to normal. Trying to get her mind off Rooster in ways her mind shouldn't be on him. She spent a lot of her time focusing on her school work and flight training. The flight training was hard, but a lot of fun. She knew she had made the right decision in wanting to become a pilot, though. The feeling she had when she was flying was indescribable. She couldn't wait to expand on it either, they had only started a few months ago with the flight training. She hoped one day to attend Top Gun, which would be pretty much a dream opportunity.

    Classes had ended for the day, and they were wrapped up with flight training as well. The class wasn't huge, but had about twenty people. It was pretty competitive to get into the flight training at the academy. It wasn't the only way to become a pilot, but it was a damn good one if you got the opportunity. Several of their classmates had plans to go to a local bar in town that was fairly popular among academy students. That was where Haley was headed with Blaze. He had offered to drive them, which meant a motorcycle ride.

    "It's a little cold for this." Haley pointed out. They both had on winter gear, and thankfully there wasn't ice on the roads at the moment.

    "We'll warm up at the bar." Blaze said, shrugging. "Unless you want to drive, but I know you were wanting to drink and enjoy yourself." He added. Haley had offered for him just to drive her car but he hadn't wanted to.

    "Let's just go." Haley said, climbing on the back. She wrapped her arms around Blaze's waist and held on tightly. "You're sure it's okay? There's snow on the ground."

    "It's fine, Haley. I wouldn't put you in danger." Blaze told her. Haley believed him, they were close friends and she knew he wasn't the idiot people seemed to think he was. "And if something changes, we'll Uber back and I'll get the bike tomorrow. But it's above freezing and the roads are dry."

    "Okay. Gas it, Elvis." Haley said, and he laughed. Blaze had a bit of a long time obsession with Elvis Presley, and she teased him about it sometimes.

    "I can sing, if you like." Blaze replied, and Haley shook her head.

    "I'm good." Haley answered, putting her helmet on before grabbing his waist again.

    "We can't go on togetherrrrr with suspicious minds!" Blaze sang loudly, putting his helmet on. Haley tapped his side with her hand to shut him up. He just laughed it off as he started his bike. They were heading off shortly to the bar in town. There was nothing special about this one, it just some how ended up being the hangout for the academy students.

When they arrived, Haley saw Rooster had gotten there at the same time. He was watching them, almost like he was trying to figure something out. Blaze climbed off the bike and held his hand out to Haley. She didn't really need the assistance, but took it anyway as she climbed off the bike. "Did I pass the test to be your WSO?" He asked her.

Haley laughed. "You'd be in my back seat to be my WSO." She pointed out. She had been behind him on the bike. "But yes, I trust you Xavier Kazansky."

Haley turned to Rooster. He had the oddest expression that Haley couldn't read as he watched the two of them. Maybe he was wondering if Haley returned the feelings he was so convinced Blaze had for her. Why he would care, she didn't know. It definitely was not the case either, Blaze was just a good friend. "Hey, you made it." She said to Rooster and he gave a nod.