24

"What the?" I questioned. I thought I told him I didn't have feelings for him. He could've stopped his little crush on me, but he didn't. There are dozens of other girls he could date that are 50 times more hotter than me.

"Hey, miss me?" He held out his arms to ask for a hug. I know that we aren't dating so, why do I feel the need to hug him? I don't know why but I honestly don't care.

"No..." I looked around awkwardly and knotted my eyebrows together.

"Well you should because I missed you" he smirked devilishly. Why am I feeling happier that he said that? Am I beginning to have a crush on him? I hope not because, well I don't know. I just don't.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. I sounded curious to if he really did, but I was not. Was I?

"Yeah, you know I still Love you Kaitlin Taylor." he looked up and I noticed that he was blushing furiously but he obviously ignored that. I don't want him to be hurt so I just did something an awkward person would do. I shook his hand. It was either that or run away but I want my food, and no one and I mean no one gets in the way of my food and I.

"I'm sorry but you can't love me." I shook my head.

"Really why can't I?" He questioned me.

"Because you... you just can't" I turned around and ignored him the rest of the time. I'm next in line and once the other person finished getting what they got, it was me who was first in line. Took long enough.

"Hey um, can I have red vines? Please?" I asked the cashier man nicely so that I won't sound like I'm stupid.

"Sure thing" The man replied. He got red vines out of a cabinet filled with candy and other sweets in there. I was walking back to Luke and Michael, or how they like to call them selves, team Muke. Then I felt someone block the light from the stadium when I was about to climb the stairs. I looked up and saw Jack once again.

"Don't you have a life to live?" I asked him quite harshly and I kind of felt bad about it.

"I just told you I loved you and you tell me I can't then you ignore me? Why?" He looked hurt and that was one of the things I was afraid of doing. Hurting him. I never meant to hurt someone.

Well, how would you feel if the person you had a crush on since Primary school ignored you? My conscious told me. Now I really felt bad. He liked me since Primary school and told me in Middle school but I just ran away in Middle school. I'm afraid of that sick word everyone throws around like its free candy. The word that people overuse. The word that describes a feeling but no longer does. The word that people use as an excuse to cover up over cheating. The word that means nothing.

Love.

"You don't love me." I stated through grit teeth. He doesn't Love me. He just likes me. He doesn't know me well enough to Love me anyway.

"Yes I do. I have ever since you defended me when Kevin stole my crayon and him saying I ate it when he stole it. I remember the whole class laughing at me and then you came up behind him, took it and told the teacher on him. I remember the time I was sitting in the corner crying because of some stupid thing Kevin's friend, Nick did. I can't remember what he did but I remember you kicked him in the ass for me and you even told me that you did it for me and that you were my 'savior'. It was adorable." He confessed. I didn't know he remember that.

That happened in 3rd grade. Nick threw a block at him and kicked him in the stomach when the teacher wasn't in the room, Jack then crawled to the reading corner where no one went and cried there. I saw him and then kicked Nick in the butt. It was funny.