⋆ rival families , fairchild

1884!

Tewkesbury's name: Theodore

"Oh no no no no!" Panicked Y/n as she realised the time it was. Enola, her best friend took her hand and they ran in the darkest streets where both tried to investigate. "They're going to kill me." She said through deep breaths while running. "Me too, I'm not supposed to be with you at all, do I have to remind you?" Spoke Enola, turning her face to her friend with her usual frown.

The two girls were from different social classes, which prevented their friendship in the eyes of all. Y/n was from a rich and powerful family, the Tewkesburys.
She was a Lady and her brother, a Lord.
He was getting important as well, their reputation was more than important.

The preparations for the ball were complete and the guests were already making their entrance in the Tewkesbury's mansion, the hubbub in the great hall echoed outside.

Y/n was now opening the two big wooden doors and walk through the huge room, her friend always behind her. "Wait! What am I doing here?!" Enola noticed where she was, her brown eyes growing bigger.

Y/n sighed and looked around her for a possible solution. "Come with me." She beamed, talking her hand again and they traced their way to Y/n's bedroom upstairs. They took the marble stairs and crossed the corridors until the final room.
"Okay you can try some dresses." Y/n searched through her owns.

"Are you sure it's going to work?" Asked the brown-haired girl, frowning at her friend's moves. Y/n pulled out a light green dress, quite close to the body compared to her red more puffy one.
"O-oh thank you Y/n/n!" Enola accepted the clothe into her hands, admiring it all its way. That wasn't a casual moment for the girl so deep down, she enjoyed and took her time for this.

After they dressed properly, Y/n did her best friend's hair and pushed her to one of her mirror for letting the girl observe her new appearance, making her gasp from a look she never had. Of course she was from the Holmes, but that didn't mean she had luxury clothes like these.

Her long, burgundy dress followed her every move on the fine parquet floors of the halls of the great Tewkesbury mansion, Y/n made her way discretely to her little brother who was serving himself some food from the buffet. "Theo.." she called him in a muffled whisper, hiding behind a small wall. He inspected around him, after finding his sister not so well hidden.

"What are you doing again?" He rolled his eyes, joining his sibling behind a column of the hall. "Enola's here.." she informed the boy, ending up running out of the room. "Crap Y/n, she really wants us to be dead." He mumbled angrily to himself.

The two girls enters the bigs doors and directly made their ways to the toilets. It was a really huge room for only this. "Okay now, time to learn dance." Y/n clapped her hands. "What why?!"
Groaned the girl annoyed with that kind of moves.