⋆ school pastries , spengler

SITTING ON HER BED, her laptop on her laps, Y/N looked through her emails for a minute, verifying if anything had to see with her job. The most recent one caught her eye as she read that it was sent by her daughter's school. Clicking on it, she read:

To Ms. Spengler
and 21 other ones.

Hope you're all ready for the school's cakes sale tomorrow! The meeting with all the parents participating and their children will be in the school's hall. The sale will open at 2pm.

Thank you, have a nice day!

"Since when?!" She groaned knowing her daughter had surely forgotten to tell Y/n this information. "Anna! come here for a second!" She called the little girl from across the house, waking up the groaning man sleeping behind her back on her own pillow.

"Yes momma?" The curly head jumped at the entrance of the parental bedroom shyly, knowing deep down why her mother called her. "For how long have you known for the school's cakes sale?" She gritted her teeth. "Humm.. the past two months?" Anna mumbled the last part of her sentence looking down at her pink shoes.

Y/n pinched the bridge of her nose, sighing, lecturing her daughter that it's not the first time it actually happens. "I'm sorry mommy.." she apologised in the cutest way for her mother to accept it. Anna had that from her father, it had always been his only apology and that he knew Y/N would directly fall for. It did. So when it's their daughter's turn, it's not the same level.

"Fine but please, that's the last time it happens, understand?" Y/N got out of bed and made her way to grab the little girl into her arms. As she was leading to the stairs she stopped in her steps. "Hold on, is Theo's mother participating?" She quickly asked her daughter, looking at her in a serious way. "Auntie Pheebs? Yes." The six-year-old casually replied, shrugging.

"Oh f– TREVOR!" She ran back to her bedroom, putting Anna back on the ground, as she gave a confused look at her mother running back to her father.

"Trev' wake up!" She went to shake him, clearly making him fall out of the bed.
His curls all over his face was masking his vision. "What Y/N?" he tried to get back up, massaging his temples. "Your sister, she's participating!" The woman whispered shouted, as if Phoebe could be in the room right now.

"Participating to?" Trevor got bored, sitting at the edge of their bed, emerging. "To the school's sale! I can't let her win this time!" Y/N declared really into it. "Why do you have to deal with anything she does all the time.." he sighed, not getting the point.

"Seriously? Every time she does something better than me, she makes sure to let everyone knows, the last year play? She did the costumes and made our daughter play a tree in the forest! Last month, she–" Y/N started to list, walking around the room but Trevor cut her off, taking her hands in his and pulled her closer to him between his legs.

"I get it." He rolled his eyes playfully at his wife, looking up at her. Suddenly, her eyes softened. "She wants me to be a bad mother, no! She already thinks that I am actually.. and I also start to think that now so–" Y/N sadly spoke but once again, the man cut her off. "Never say that again!"

"But.." "No Y/N no! Why is it even possible for you to even believe that?! You're an amazing mother why don't you realise that?" His heart shattered, cursing himself for not seeing what was going on between Y/n and his boring sister.