CHAPTER TWENTY: MOVIES AND MADNESS

Gem

Oh my God.
I can not believe Nomrad's here. He's just walking by with a swinging plastic bag containing a popcorn box in his right with a plastic bottle with a protruding straw on his left unaware that I'm standing at a distance from him.
What is the best way to approach him?

Gem: "Nomrad, over here!"

Well, that's one way to call someone- shouting in the middle of a moviehouse. Great- everyone's looking at me-- including Nomrad! Cool! That's what Bruce says all the time when he achieves something.

Nomrad: "Oh hey, Gem. Thanks for tutoring me for that test, I think I got a high grade at it."
Gem: "Well of course, I tutored you." I said chuckling.
Nomrad: "So I'm guessing we're both seeing Avengers 2?"
Gem: "Well, we three are, I'm with Bruce."
Nomrad: "Boyfriend?"
Gem: "Oh nooo, he's just a friend. No romance or spark between us." I said in a disgusted and amused tone.
Nomrad: "Oh I see."
Gem: "Oh, there he is now."

After introductions, Bruce suddenly shot me a look which means he's confused.

Gem: "So what seat number are you, Nomrad?"
Nomrad: "22B. What about you guys?"
Gem: "22A! I guess we are seatmates in a moviehouse too!"
Bruce: "Pst, Gem we aren't 22A." He whispered to me.
Gem: "Can you please get another ticket close to him, please?"
Bruce: "Argh. Fine, just this once."

After Bruce got the tickets, we went in to watch the movie.

Gem: "Well, that was nice! What did you think, Bruce?"
Bruce: "I think I want Ultron to kill me now."

I then turn to Nomrad.

Gem: "So Nomrad, see you at school tomorrow." I said smiling.
Nomrad: "Yep sure."

We went outside and I stared at the nightsky, the cold breeze swayed through me and Bruce making me feel comfortable, yet something looks wrong with him, He looks troubled judging from the fact he kept looking at his feet. He then raised his hand, and a taxi screeched to a stop beside us. We got in, and during the whole trip, Bruce rested his head on his left hand,staring out the window lost in thought.

Gem: "Hey, what's wrong, dude?"
Bruce: "I'm... uh.. thinking that we didn't get popcorn, damn it."

I can tell he isn't telling the truth, although we really didn't get popcorn, but still. I then decided not to ask him, if he doesn't want to tell me, there is no use forcing him. We got down from the car and paid the csb driver

As we got in, we immediately brushed our teeth, and went to sleep.

We forward in to 3:00 pm where Gem just got home from school, lying down in the couch.

Hmm, I wonder when Bruce will be getting home. I just made him this carrot cake with his mom thanking him for letting me stay in his house for about 5 days? Must be the longest sleepover ever. Oohh,the doorbell! He is finally here! Okay, I grabbed the cake and rushed in front of the door and waited for him.

Gem: "Surprise----HOLY CRAP, What the hell happened?"