CHAPTER 13: THE VIRUS

POV: Nicolas

That was horrifying. Someone turned into a mutant predator. So, the rumours were true. This is the end of the world. Suddenly the taxi changes direction. "Wait, why are we turning around? Plettenberg Bay is that way."

The taxi driver responds "If you want to get killed heading there, then be my guest and get out." I replied "But it's happening everywhere. I'm not going back after travelling for over 14 hours" The taxi driver stopped and we climbed out. They drove off and we ran to the building. I thought this was going to be a safe place for everyone. I guess I was wrong. I hope we can make it....

...

POV: Eva

The virus broke loose all because people don't know how to follow rules. We need to get to the others before they get hurt from the mutants.

POV: Dr Kevin

Argh...

I look around and the lab is in chaos. I get out of the room and walk around. Workers in panic, running around and screaming. Clare is telling them to calm down. "What happened here? Where did all our patients go?" Clare responded "Well, they all ran away from the lab because one figured out what we were doing. This patient's name is Nicolas van de Tyd. She apparently fought with her friends while everyone else escaped. And what's even worse is that the virus is now out of control and is now happening Globally."

I replied "That's terrible news. Have I been on the news yet recently?" Clare spoke "Not yet." I spoke "Then good, they haven't gotten a chance yet. People are more focussed on the virus so that gives us an advantage to not get caught just yet. Clare, follow me to my office." Clare follows me into my office and I lock the door, close the blinds and press a button for the room to become sound proof. Clare asks "Are we going to do this again? Just because I work for you doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want."

I replied "Well, you're the only one I can experiment on now. So, you're going to have to do this again." Clare spoke "I saw on the cameras what you were doing to one of the patients. You just want to take advantage of woman, don't you?" I frown and speak "Oh, so you know what I do now. Well then, you should be prepared now for what I'm about to do."

POV: Clare

I now see who this man truly is. He keeps on raping me and he's doing the same with other woman. "Why do you keep doing this?" I asked. He answered "Because this has been carrying on in my family for quite a while. My mother went for surgery so she couldn't have children. I was adopted and she taught me by showing me what parents should do. Isn't rape normal for parents to do to each other. You know I love you." I asked "What about the other woman?" He replied "That's a different story. I just love doing that."

I use my taser and shock him. I unlock the door and lock him in. I hear him trying to get out of the door and I run out of the lab. I climb in my car and drive off. Luckily I didn't tell him I know where the victims went. I need to find Nicolas.

She looks like a clever kid. I feel sorry for these innocent people. I need to stop this and get Dr Kevin in prison. And give this vial to another lab so we can cure everyone who has been infected.

POV: Nicolas

Where is everyone. Did they just evacuate like everyone else? I spoke to everyone "Guys, grab an object that can defend you and look around for any one that is around. And be careful of mutant creatures." We all nodded our heads. I walk up the stairs of the building and switched on the torch. I look around to see any survivors hiding.

I heard a noise like something eating meat. I gulped while slowly walking closer to the sound. I slowly step forward, having a head piece of a pointed fence attached to a headless broom. I get ready. I was about to attack until I saw it was just a cat eating a bird. I felt relieved until I heard something behind me...

POV: Leo

When everyone went to check a room in the building, I stayed outside. I check to see if no one is looking. The streets were empty. So I thought I was safe. I place my hand on the ground and close my eyes. I open my eyes again and my eye colour turns grey.

My skin turns into a redish-pink. I could now see all the different prints and tracks that couldn't be seen by the naked eye. I could smell all the newly formed scents. Wait, why is there one mutant scent so strong in the building? Oh no. They're in trouble.