CHAPTER 17: MAGIC FLOWER

POV: Eva

I wake up on a bed and spot Nicolas sleeping on a chair. I slowly get up and Nicolas wakes up. "Eva, you're alright, I'm so glad." she says with joy. I smile and then speak "I don't remember much. I was fighting the lion creature with Leo and then black out. Then I wake up in your arms then blackout again. And now I'm here." Nicolas sits next to me and says "You need to rest. You were a bit reckless today fighting a mutant creature when I went to find you guys."

We laugh and then Leo comes in with a tray of food. He says "I see our mutant warrior is awake. How are you feeling?" I touch my forehead and then I reply "Feeling better though I have a headache." Nicolas takes out a Panado tablet and hands it to me. Leo hands me a glass of water and I drink it with the pill. A woman then starts talking "Alright, I've taken care of-" I quickly jump out of the bed, transform into the red horned demon called Death Strike and pounce on Clare.

She quickly says "I'm on your side!" I turn back, stand up slowly, and then reply "Sorry, I didn't know." Clare then dusts herself off and says "That's alright, I deserved that. I did work for the man who caused all this mess. I am trying to make up for it." I then ask "Like what?" Clare answers "Recovering wounds, finding a cure, and just helping out in general." I lose a bit of balance, landing on the bed.

POV: Nicolas

Eva sits on the bed touching her head. I rush towards her, worried if she's okay or not. "I feel really tired, I haven't slept this much bef-" yawned Eva. I said with a smile "I'm glad you're okay. As much as I want you to be awake, you need to rest. I was told you really wanted to beat the crap out of that mutant." She smiles then falls asleep. Everyone leaves the room and Eva grabs my hand after I stand up.

I sit back down and touch her forehead. She feels warm. "Are you feeling sick?" I asked. Eva replies "I'm not sure. I think so." I stood up and said "What shall I get for you? Anything you need?" She responded softly "Can I get a glass of water?" I smiled "Anything for my hero."

I walk out of the room and close the door. Leo walks up the stairs. "Is she alright?" he asked. I answered "She's tired, sore, too warm, and isn't sure she's sick or not. I'm worried." Leo frowns "You like her don't you?" I frown "It's a little more than like. I would do anything for her."

Leo tries to lighten up the atmosphere "I'll go get Clare. Maybe she knows what it could be. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will be just fine afterwards." I walk down stairs and pour a glass of water for Eva. I walk back up stairs and Clare runs out of the room. "Nicolas! We need you to go get the medicine on this paper! Something bad is happening to Eva!" I panic "What's going on?" Clare continues "This will cure venom. Eva has been stung by a mutant. I was once friends with a pharmacist that kept a flower that could heal anything. Go to the address and find that flower. It's not far from here. Go!"

Running as fast as I could, I follow the map's directions to the address. It's wasn't far at all. I arrive at the address and carefully walk to the door. As I walk, I examine the house. There's a hole on the roof close to the antenna. I need to be careful.

I walk inside and switch on my torch. I walk in the lounge and shine my torch around the room. I then head to the kitchen and look around. There shouldn't be any magical flower in the kitchen, should there? I look around the rest of the first floor and still nothing. I decide to move the search upstairs to the second floor.

I look around in the guest rooms first. Searching through everything. Not much was in the rooms except a bed and an empty cupboard. I finally move in the main bedroom and hear that chewing sound again. I shine my torch at that direction and spot a man figure with torn clothing. I then see his head turn to my direction and a tail appears.

His eyes were glowing and a hissing sound came from the figure. I spotted the flower in a glass case. The case seemed untouched. The creature then spotted me through the light of the torch and tried to pounce on me. I kept being the best at dodging the attacks of the creature. The figure looked like a mutant cat.

It tried to pounce and slash me. I tried dodging as much as I could but it was quick. I spot the name tag on the creature's wool jersey. This must be the pharmacist Clare was talking about. I need to get that flower without dying. But I need to find a way to break that case.