CHAPTER 14: SOMETHING'S IN HERE

POV: Max

This place looks empty. It looks too creepy with all the blood. It also reeks with the smell. Huh? What's this? Scales on the floor? Scratch marks? Something was here. Or maybe still here. I better tell the others what I found.

POV: Eva

Something feels a bit off about this building. I really don't want to touch the blood that's on the walls, and floors, and doors, and everywhere. I'm going to find Nicolas. Though, where did she go?

POV: Jake

"Hmmm...It's quite hard to see in here when there's no power. Even when I use the torch. If I could just find the basement, maybe I can turn the power on. Alright, that sounds like a plan. I find the basement and find where I can insert power. Let's see if I can use that electricity again."

"Doesn't want to work now. Man, I feel hungry." I eat an apple then try again and this time my power works. "Woah. I think I just discovered how to control my power. Awesome."

POV: Nicolas

Something is behind me. I can feel it. I turn around very very slowly. The power goes on and a huge scaley figure appears behind me. I say "Hi."

The lizard-like creature roars and tries to attack me. Luck was on my side as I dodged the attack though I turned turquoise and the thing grabbed my tail as I was about to run. Bad timing! The turquoise disappears and I'm back to normal. I drop back on the ground and run downstairs.

POV: Leo

"Guys! I have a bad feeling about this building! We need to get out now!" I shouted. We all hear a roar and all get frightened. I shout "Come on, let's get out of here!" Nicolas runs down and shouts "We better go before that thing gets us!" We all run out of the building as fast as we could. Eva trips over an object and Nicolas runs back to help her.

POV: Nicolas

Eva trips over an object and I run back to help her. Eva shouts in pain "I think I twisted my foot!" I look around and spot a wheel chair. I yell "Sit on this and hold on tight!" Eva gets on and I run, pushing the chair forward as the lizard chases us. All of a sudden, my legs mutate into strong cat-like back legs.

I could run faster and catch us with everyone. As soon as I did, my legs went back to normal. We finally lost the creature and hid in a small empty building. All huffing and puffing except Eva. We all recovered and I examined Eva's foot. "Which foot is sore?" I asked.

Eva responded "My left foot." I took off her shoe and saw bruise marks on her foot. "How did that happen?" Eva replied "I tripped on something hard. I think it was metal." I then spoke "Well, we're definitely gonna have to stay here and search for food. You should stay here and try to recover. I'll go find a First Aid Kit. Who's going to stay with Eva?"

Jake volunteered and we leave to other buildings for food. We had no luck at first, but then we saw a whole bag of food just lying there on a table in a house. We looked through it and Max said "Well, looks like someone forgot their survival kit. Hey, there's also a pistol in here. Argh, it's empty." Max throws the pistol behind him and carries on looking. Leo and I look around to spot more useful items to grab. We carefully walk around the house to check for danger.

The cost was clear and we look around in rooms, opening draws, cupboards, and shelves. I finally found the First Aid Kit I was looking for. We all grab our things and were about to leave, but then something made a sound behind us. We slowly look behind and a chameleon-like monster came out of hiding. We burst out of the building and out came the chameleon afterwards.

The monster shoots it's tongue out and hits the bag Max was carrying. He stabbed the tongue and took the bag back. We finally outran the slow hunter. We came back to the building where Eva and Jake were. Max was still holding the bag tight and walked in. I sit down by Eva and open the First Aid Kit.

I put cream on her foot, put a stick on each side, and wrapped her ankle with bandage. "There we go. All done."