Chapter 17

Flora

I unlocked my phone - go to the contacts and dialed the person who I've missed so much. After the third beeps, she finally answered.

"Hey mom," I greeted, with a smile on my face - eventhough she can't see it.

"Hey Flora, sweetie!"

I smiled even wider because I finally got to hear her loud motherly voice that I missed.

"How are you these days? It's been few weeks since we last talked, mom."

"I'm doing good and dad also, of course. I miss you so much, Flora.." she said, she sounded really sad - guiltness erupted in me.

I have to make it up for the time that we had lost.

Then, I replied, "Awh, I miss you more, mom! Are you at home right now? What are you doing?"

"Oh yes, just need to do a little decoration for my garden, that's all. Dad going to the golf club with Zayn's dad. He left me alone here,"

"It's okay mom, because I'm going to yours later and we can spend lot of times together, just you and me today! How's that sound?" I almost jumped like a five years old kid on the bed.

"Really? Is Zayn come along too?" I could tell that she's smiling- those little crinkles at the corner of her eyes.

My smile faded, "Nah mom, Zayn is busy with work lately since he's a CEO now. I don't want to disturb him anyway,"

It's not a lie, though. Right?

"Okay, I understand. So go, tell your lovely man that you're going to spend the whole day with me today!"

Really my lovely man.

"You sounds really excited," I chuckled, "Alright mom, I'll tell him."

"Can't wait to see you later, sweetie, bye! Love you!"

"Love you too, bye mom." And with that, I hung up the calls.

I just made a simple toast for breakfast because I know Zayn probably going to have a breakfast with Lenox, again. I don't know. Damn, I don't really want to think about it anymore.

I'm already showered and get dressed, just to get ready to go to Mom's. I hummed a happy song while cleaning the kitchen counter. I made a little mess since I was in hurry.

Now, where the hell is this guy?

Speak of the devil, there he was, with his nice good-looking grey suit, walking downstairs with a strong cologne. He smells so good - can't deny that, my knees suddenly feel weak. I gripped the kitchen counter, controlling myself down.

I looked at him, just gave him a warm smile, "Zayn, today I'm going to my mom's because she missed me so much and I missed her too. She asked me if you could come along but I know you're a busy man since you're the boss. So, I hope you don't mind."

He frowned and blinked his eyes few times, "Good morning to you too,"

"Yeah, so?" I replied, raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

I asked, "Yes or no?"

He looked at me briefly and walked away from me, not giving me an answer. I rolled my eyes and followed him from behind. He went to the dinner table, where there's a plate of toast I've made. He took one bite and finished himself.

"Zayn?" I called him softly.

"What, Flora?" he replied coldly. Then, he walked to the fridge, took out the milk and poured into a glass. Of course, I followed him like a little puppy.