Chapter 22

Zayn

We walked into the shop together. I looked at Flora, there's a wide smile on her face when she saw the row of flavors yogurts.

"Hello there, do you want to order?" The worker smiled.

"I want a large cup of raspberry, please," Flora said happily. She licked her lips few times and gulped looking at the yogurts.

"For toppings?"

"I want strawberries, m&m and chocolate chips!"

"Alright. And for you, sir?"

With fingers under my chin, I looked at the row of flavors, "Oh, I- um, a large cup also, I want vanilla flavor and gummy bear for toppings. Thank you."

Flora already went to the next counter, queuing to pick up the yogurts. I paid the bills and walked towards Flora. Luckily, the queue is not too long.

"Oh my, sorry!" A girl infront of Flora accidentally elbowed her. She turned around, and I furrowed my eyebrows when I looked at her. She's so familiar to me.

"It's- Sophia?" Flora gasped.

She looked at my wife, "Miss Flora?" Then, her eyes trailed on me, "Mr. Malik?"

And now I know, she's Sophia Smith who works for me, at the receptionist counter.

"Hey, Sophia," I grinned.

"Oh hey, Mr. Malik," she nodded.

"No need to be formal, just call me Flora. So, you come here alone?" Flora asked.

"Alright Flora," she grinned. "And no, I'm with my-"

"Babe, sorry! My mom just want us to come there as soon as possible," A buff guy came, throwing his arms on Sophia's shoulders. He also seems familiar to me. He looks like my childhood friends and we both in a-

That's when I realized, "Liam?"

Liam turned his head around, "Zayn?!"

We both looked at each other for a seconds before I make a move to hug him, hug my bestfriend. It feels familiar hugging him. I pulled away, "I miss you, Li."

"Miss you too, man! Where have you been all these years? I thought you already forgot about me!"

"I went back to Bradford to my family and I changed my number. I tried to contact you and others but sent away to voicemail. Never in a million years I will forget you," I grinned before continued, "You look different, by the way," I looked at him up and down, quite impressive with the changes.

He looks so much better and big than the last time I saw him.

"We all lives on our own since our band split up. I changed my numbers too, that's why you can't reach me. And woah mate, look at yourself too!" Liam laughed, slapped my chest.

"Well, sometimes you have to just close your eyes and enjoy the rollercoaster, yeah? That is life," I shrugged, fixed my beanie. "So, how the others?"

"They were good, all been good. They misses you too. Harry and Louis are still together and Niall frequently went to the club and hooked up few times but still didn't have the one."

"Niall just being Niall. That lad literally enjoying his life, trying to discover another world."

We both talked and laughed for only God's know how long until someone behind us coughed, "We've been here for 15 minutes, we also already got our yogurts and you guys still didn't notice us."