Chapter 18

I was at the living room, sat on the couch, waiting for mom to bring the popcorns out - we are going to watch a movie. When I was arrived at my mom's house after the arguments, she noticed the stained tears on my cheeks and asked me why my face was red and all puffy.

I just smiled, didn't say a word and hugged her tightly like my life depends on her. She know there's somethig wrong with me - a mother instinct I guess, but she just shrugged it off and tried to cheer me up.

I'm so tired of it, this relationship I had right now. Zayn said he wanted to do better and doing his best to fixed our marriage thing, but look, he was having an affair. Then, he's back being the guy that I hated - accusing me, pointing his fingers at me, breaking my heart and more tears.

And the stupid thing is, I do find myself that I like him. No, I love him. I know he always being mean to me but his soft touch and sweet words makes butterflies exists in my stomach - no one can make me feel the way Zayn's did. I will never hate him. There's something in my heart that belongs to Zayn, like he did claimed me. I'm too easy to fall, too easy to cry.

It's been three hours since I'm at my mom's and now, I'm worried sick about him. He looked really broken when I lashed out the truth on his face. He was crying for God's sake, Zayn was crying! That is the saddest I've ever seen, he looked so vulnerable and innocent. I wanted to say sorry and give him a chance again, but I still couldn't accept the fact that he thinks I'm going around and fucked. That is so low of him.

I sighed, bring my knees up to my chest, hugging it tightly and place my head on top of my arms. I smiled with my glossy eyes, thinking of Zayn's precious smiles when I wake him up every morning - he's a heavy sleeper but it's easy to make him smiles, the beautiful sound of his laughs when I make a silly joke and his loud, irritating voices that I always hated.

"Flora, are you okay?"

My head snapped towards my mom, who's standing with both of her hands holding two bowls of popcorn. She then, quickly placed the bowl on the table and sat next to me. "Oh my God, are you crying?"

I didn't noticed the tears had fallen down on my cheeks, too lost in my deep thoughts. I wiped away the tears and gave her a smile, "It's nothing, mom."

"Oh sweetie, don't you dare lying to me. You think I don't know that you've been crying when you came here? I'm your mother, I could tell when you're sad." she sadly looked at me.

I nodded my head slowly, "I know that and I'm fine, mom."

"No, you are not and you're going to tell me what makes you crying like this," she insisted.

Better now than never.

I throw my head back and laughed a bit louder - relieving the tension. Then I looked down at my mom sadly, pulled her into a hug, "Mommy..." I cried out, buried my face into her neck.

I called my mom 'mommy' whenever I'm sad or sick.

"Flora, what's going on? Please tell me, don't keep it to yourself, honey." she hugged me back, caressing my back up and down gently.

"I don't know what to do, it just Zayn.."

"What that young man have done to you?"

I pulled out from her embrace, looked up at the ceiling. I blinked my eyes repeatedly, my chest felt so heavy. I looked back at my mom, she took my both hands and caressed my skin with her thumb.

"The day of our marriage, during our way to home, he had set up these rules that I have to follow," I said, then listed the rules. My mom looked very surprised, but she just stay silence, urging me to continue.