Chapter 1

It was a new day for Ash, he had returned to Kanto after his championship in Alola. Recently he joined the Cerise Laboratory, as a field researcher. He had met two new friends Chloe and Goh who were both fun and friendly to be around. While he got himself changed he then exited his dorm into the kitchen of the laboratory. 

When he entered a heard a song that was just too familiar. You see Ash had a secret, he was a world-famous anonymous singer. While most people would live for fame, Ash hated it. He had felt it firsthand after the events of the Manalo Conference. Thus resulting in the face-hiding and audio-shifting tactics he used.

Skipping past that he simply sat down in the kitchen to see Chloe enjoying the music. Ash sighed internally, as he got a tray for his food. When he did this, the sound of his footsteps alerted her making her jump. Ash snickered a little, as Chloe asked him to forget everything.

Ash seeing the opportunity messed with her, as he gave a sly smile and said no. 

"Damn it Ash, but I don't think it would be surprising for most people," Chloe said.

"I mean he is a world-famous singer after all," she continued.

Ash rolled his eyes, but deep down he was sweating from the stress. He dove his chopsticks into his meal as he tried to eat to relax his cover. But he then heard running in the halls, to only find Goh later face-planting himself on the doorframe.

Ash laughed at this as he made a snarky comment about how the door tasted.

"Haha, really funny Ash but can I talk with you?" asked Goh.

"Sure Goh, what's it about?" Ash asked as he bit into his noodles.

"Let's go to Hoenn, I heard that there would be the famous masked singer!" Goh exclaimed with excitement in his voice.

Ash hearing this nearly spat out his drink as he later chokes on it. Coughing it out Ash then kept his composure as he asked Goh a question.

"Goh I thought that you wanted to go to Galar to research more about Galarian Pokemon,"

"Nah, that can wait but the famous singer can't. You know he only holds events like this once a year right!" Goh exclaimed with excitement.

"Well I think it wouldn't hurt to take a detour I guess, I was about to head for Hoenn for training either way," Ash said with sweat running down his cheek.

"Would you like to go Chloe? You are a big fan as well," Goh asked with joy.

Chloe was a first hesitant as she had school, but to see a live performance of her famous singer was massive. Chloe was going to decline but Professor Cerise came in.

"Chloe I think it would be beneficial for you to go to the event,"

Chloe was surprised by this but she still had a look of guilt.

"Don't worry I would contact the school saying that you have something important for the matter,"

"If we were to go such lengths then sure, let's go to Hoenn," Chloe said plainly.

However, deep down she was practically screaming in excitement. While Ash on the other hand was in full panic, thinking of ways to not bring suspicion to himself.