Chapter 15

"Finally the Kalosian and Paldean border!" Menhera shouted with his fists in the air.

People stared at the trainer with no hint of hatred but rather amusement. The group was traveling with Menhera for the current moment as he wanted to show them Paldean's favorite thing.

"I wanted to show you here to have you all experience the Paldean special," the trainer continued as he ran ahead.

"Well it seems that he is still energized after that long flight," Serena said as she got off Ash's Dragonite.

"Where does he store all that energy is my question..." Clemont said as his robotic arm straighten his posture.

"But I understand his excitement as returning home would really do that," Ash commented with Bonnie sitting on his shoulders.

"Well what are yo-" Menhera shouted to be interrupted by himself tumbling down a slope.

The rest of the group watched in horror, but Ash quickly went in pursuit of the trainer. The others immediately gave chase as well. As they ran into the tall bushes, they saw glimpses of new pokemon. Some of them were completely anomalous at first glance.

"AHHHHH!!!HAHAHAHA!!!" the trainer screamed and laughed as he then lunged into a heavy object.

The group then caught up to see Menhera being right under a massive Quaqsire. However, at first glance, they could immediately see the difference. Compared to the normal Quigsire which had a bright blue color, this one had a brownish color all over.

"Hey Quagsy, can you please alert the professor about guests..." the trainer said softly hugging the pokemon.

"Quag!" the pokemon shouted alerting the pokemon and the people nearby.

"What wrong Quig-. Oh, welcome back Menhera!" a man proclaimed as he picked up the trainer.

"Yes professor, and I brought guests today!" Menhera said proudly.

"That's great, but please can you not hurt yourself every day,"

"Sorry professor, I'll try" the trainer responded with a smile.

The man looked at the group and gave a bright smile as he took a breath. 

"Please may I welcome you to the region of Paldea," he said calmly as he opened the door to his facility.

The trainers entered the facility and could see the difference. It had more modern technology but there were some second-hand ones. However, something that was present was the stack of notes about multiple yet-to-documented pokemon.

"Please help yourself to some pastries," the professor said as he handed a basket of pastries.

"Don't mind if I do!" Bonnie said to only be shocked when she saw movement.

"Hey, Professor have you seen Fi-. Ah, there you are!" Menhera said picking up a large pastry.

The group watched with confusion but slowly were shocked. As the supposed 'pastry' turned into a dog.

"I have several questions," the entire group said directing to the professor.

"Ah, that's Fidough a Paldean-exclusive pokemon. But where are my manners? I'm Professor Turo one of Paldean Regional Professors," he expressed.

The group felt the energy the professor showed and gave him their own. As they all introduced themselves in a jolly way. All was well and done until Fidough jumped onto Clemont's head.

"Well it seems the little guy loves you Clemont," Menhera said with a bright smile.

"Not fair...but it's still really cute!" Bonnie said with her hands outstretched inviting the pokemon.