Chapter 10

It was another bright new day or year in this case. Another new year for the pokemon world, and Ash was in Kalos with his mother. This situation occurred as Delia wanted to spend New Year with Serena's mother Grace. While it was not an issue for the trainer, he was more worried about his performance in Kalos.

He had wanted to do a new years performance for years, and just when he wanted to host it in Kalos. His mother would inform him about their traveling to Kalos to meet Grace. I mean it would be a double-edged sword, as it could cover some of his identity. 

But for the people close to him would be a dangerous prospect. Currently, in Serena's room, she had been informed by Ash about his predicament. 

"So you are going to be Luminos City to sing for the New Year?" Serena repeated.

"Yup..." Ash said as he took off his hat.

"I don't know what's so difficult about this?" 

"I just think it would be suspicious that I won't be in the crowd with you. Because after that Christmas Event, I don't think we can pull any more cards," Ash stated with a matter-of-fact voice.

"Yeah now that you say it, I have to agree..." Serena said quietly with a blush remembering the event.

The two sat in silence for a while until Serena got a sharp idea. 

"Why not have a stunt double?" Serena suggested.

"Stunt double?" Ash questioned.

"A person who could cover for you in the crowd," Serena said with a bright face.

"Wait now that you say it, I think I can ask a favor from a good friend," Ash said as he got onto his Rotom Phone.

(Timeskip)

Currently, Ash was in traditional Kantonian-style clothing to fit the theme. Tieing his hair into a ponytail Ash got dressed in his clothing. Looking into the mirror he nodded to himself and took a deep breath.

"Hey, Satoshi you ready?!" shouted a producer.

"?" Ash turned to face the producer.

(Ash/Satoshi looked like this)

"Yeah I was done dressing, let's get the crowd shouting," Ash said with a warm smile.

(In the crowd)

Serena was currently with Clemont, Bonnie, Mairin, Alain, Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna. And they were all getting ready for the performance. Hand in hand locked in was 'Ash' with Serena's and Pikachu on his shoulder.

'I can't believe this works...' Serena thought.

A couple of hours before...

"N please can I borrow Zoroark..." Ash begged on the phone his Unovian friend

Back to the current time...

'We are really lucking out that this works Ash...' Serena thought as she looked onto the stage

Suddenly after the wait, the organizer, Monsieur Pierre came out with a flaring personality.

"WELCOME THE PEOPLE OF KALOS, I THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING OUT TO THE NEW YEARS EVENT!!!" 

The crowd cheered as the hype and energy in the air were infectious. Bonnie was practically jumping sporadically at her first official music event. 

"THIS YEAR WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GUEST, PLEASE GIVE IT UP FOR THE WORLD-FAMOUS MUSICIAN SATOSHI!!!!"

People practically screamed and cheered at just the mention of his name. After a while, the stage grew silent as the lights went out with anticipation of the singer. The lights suddenly flashed open with only the reveal of the instrument players.

Everyone was confused by this reveal because where was Satoshi? The tension grew when suddenly a steel katana came out of nowhere and stabs the center stage. Everyone's attention was on the blade but out of the shadows, they heard an iconic voice.

"I guess my blade stole the attention huh? Did I really fall out of popularity because I didn't release a song in a week?" Satoshi said walking out of the darkness.

"Now let's make some noise shall we!!!" Satoshi exclaimed making the crowd rumble into celebration.

(You can listen to any song you like, we wanted to 'As It Was, in Japanese' but it would only come as an error)

During the performances, there were several close calls on Serena's side. With the movement of the crowd, there were some that almost bumped onto 'Ash' revealing the secret. However, with some quick thinking and luck, they came untouched.

After the performance, Satoshi gave goodbye to all as he swiftly left the stage with him pulling out the prop blade. Getting into a changing room, Ash quickly changed back into his regular clothing.

As he ran off backstage, he gave Pikachu and Zoroark the signal to leave. 'Ash' then quickly ran backstage towards the real Ash. Making the others run after him, while Zoroark and Pikachu reached the real Ash

Ash swiftly returned Zoroark and got Pikachu on his shoulder as he got prepared to play his part. When the group arrived, they found Ash looking around weirdly. He then turned to the group and said.

"Welp, I wanted to meet up with Satoshi to test his battle prowess," Ash lied as he scratched his head.

"Classic Ash..." the group said as they laughed.

Serena and Ash on the other hand sighed a big relief as it worked out. But these little tricks are just delaying the appending disaster for Ash.