Chapter 13

"Ah, the air feels so fresh..." Ash said as he embraced the forest.

"Pikachu!" he exclaimed reflecting on his trainer

"It is definitely a change from the city life huh?" Clemont remarked as he took in a breath.

"At least now I can find you a fiancee for you Clemont, just like Serena and Ash," Bonnie exclaimed as she and Dennene teased Clemont.

"Don't worry Bonnie I know that love will come with time," Serena commented.

The Kalos group was back together as they were traveling to visit some friends. They were very close to their location until Ash's Rotom Phone got a signal. 

"Wait the 9th globally ranked trainer is here!" Ash exclaimed with excitement.

"I guess after all these years, Ash is still Ash," Clemont remarked.

"And I know Serena likes it that way," Bonnie said as she came soft elbows at Serena.

"I'm not denying it," Serena calmly said resisting her blushing.

After a while, so search they all heard some rustling in a tree. The group took a defensive position with Ash being right on the front lines.

"KYU!!!" screamed a Mimikyu as it fell from the tree.

Seeing the Disguise Pokemon Ash and Pikachu immediately got into a defensive position. The others were confused about this until Bonnie pulled out her Rotom-Phone. With it explaining and reading the Pokemon's dex entry.

The others were now also scared now having the context of the Pokemon. The group stared at the Mimikyu for a solid minute until they were just exchanging stares

"... kyu?" the Mimikyu questioned as it tilted its rag's head.

"Huh...that's interesting," Ash said as he relaxed.

He approached the Disguise Pokemon casually with no defense. The others looked at Ash as if he lost it, with Pikachu also thinking the same thing. Ash was practically right in front of the Pokemon with Pikachu on his head prepared to attack if anything happens.

"It seems like Mimikyu is not interested to fight..." Ash stated bluntly as he sat in front of the Pokemon.

"That's weird, from the Pokedex it said it would react violently-" Clemont tried to talk to only be interrupted by screaming.

"AHHHHH!!!" 

Immediately Ash feeling the presence with his aura, grabbed Mimikyu and moved it out of the way. And it was just in a nick of time, as a tumbling object flew across and crashed into a rock.

"Ouch..." the group said as they saw the impact.

Mimikyu however reacted swiftly as it ran toward the object that crashed into the rock. Upon closer inspection, the traveling group found that it was a trainer.

 Upon closer inspection, the traveling group found that it was a trainer

(The trainer looked like this)

The trainer stood up with him holding his head tightly as a normal person would. And immediately tried to locate something with him looking around frantically. Until it laid eyes on Mimikyu and hugged the Pokemon.

"At least you are safe..." the trainer said as he rubbed his face into the pokemon.

'We should all be saying that not you!' everyone thought seeing the trainer's hair filled with twigs and leaves.

"Right the challenge, where is he?" the trainer pulled out his phone.

"Trainer found!!!" the Rotom-Phone shouted at the trainer's face.

"Thanks, Rotom," the trainer said kindly.

Looking up the boy noticed the group and immediately greeted them.

"Hello, I'm Menhera the 'tumbleweed' trainer," he said with pride.

"The 'tumbleweed' trainer?" questioned Clemont.

"I got that name because every encounter I have across my journey had resulted in 'tumbling' into situations," Menhera said with a smile.

"Doesn't that hurt a lot?" Serena asked.

"Yes, but would I give up my iconic trait? No, can do plus I've gotten used to it now," the trainer said as Mimikyu pulled the twigs and leaves out his hair.

"But getting straight to the point, let's battle...erm..." Menhera said with confidence but fell off later.

The group sighed and sweatdropped at the trainer. But kept their cool and calmly introduced themselves. Menhera was easily excitable for him being impressed by each of the group members. I guess looks can be deceiving for Menhera because at first glance you would think his cold.

"How exciting to find that the Alolan Champion is my opponent!" Menhera exclaimed.

"I would love to battle with you but I think the weather would say otherwise," he continued as he pointed to the clouds from above.

"But don't worry I have the perfect location to rest for a while," the trainer exclaimed as he ran ahead with the group following up.

The trainers ran for a couple of minutes until the rain started to pour down. Ash felt some memories as he felt the cold water hitting his head. And he would be right on the money, as Menhera would pull out a frying pan from his backpack.

"I'll use my trusty frying pan as a DRYING PAN!!!" the trainer exclaimed.

'I guess great minds think alike huh?' Ash snickered seeing the trainer.

After a while, they were all in a semi-lit cave. It looked familiar as the group felt like they have been there before. And they would be correct as Ash would later stare at a wall. To only immediately pull something like paper. To reveal one of the friends they were searching for.

"Sanpie long time no see!" Ash exclaimed.

"Same for you Ash, what brings you here back at the Ninja Village," the ninja asked.

Everyone just looked at Menhera who knocked at the wall with his Mimikyu.

"I understand now, so it was Menhera who brought you here. I mean I'm not complaining but it has been 2 days!" Sanpai screamed at the trainer who laughed nervously.

"I'm sorry Sanpei, at least it's your friends this time," 

The group laughed at the trainer's antics but later would be escorted into the hidden village. After reaching a shelter, they all dried up except for Menhera who had a drying pan. The group talked for the remaining hours as the rain lasted.

But after a while, Sanpei asked about Ash's Greninja. 

"That's why I'm in Kalos because I want to meet him again," Ash said as he stared outside.

They continued to talk for a few minutes until Ash wanted to know about his challenger. In short, he is a 17-year-old trainer who came from Paldea. He wanted to travel to the world to get enough support to make Paldea an official region.

He had come full circle, making his appearance in Kalos. Which is the first location where he traveled. Closing in on his battles, he has not challenged the league. And has only challenged gym leaders and recently joined the coronation series.

After this, all of them rested for the next day where Ash would challenge Menhera for the qualification of the championship

(Author's note: Now this is heads up as in the following days we would be releasing chapters to count down the release of Scarlet and Violet. Plus the character Menhera would only be occasional during this story.)