Chapter 10 - An Unknown Place

Rush was walking down the hallways, trying to find something interesting to do in the hotel. But while he was doing so, he stumbled upon something—a door at the end of a corridor. "What's this...?" he questioned himself. He walked towards the door and slowly opened it. The door opened with a loud creaking sound. "Huh... Mustn't have been used in quite sometime..." Inside was a dark room, he walked inside cautiously, and found a light switch. He turned it on and closed the door behind him. The room's single light flickered, then turned on. It was quite dim, and Rush saw that the room was very dusty. "Strange... I've never seen this place before..." The room was small, there was a small desk with a chair, the room also had an electrical box, one side of the wall was cluttered with haphazardly strung wires. But the thing that caught his attention most was a staircase, leading to somewhere. Rush walked towards the staircase looking up, yet he could not see where it went, it just stretched into the darkness.

He took a step up the staircase, holding firmly onto the railing. "Ew... The railing's covered in dust too..." He took another step forward, then another, and another. The light from the room faded away as he went into the darkness once again. Finally, he reached what he thought was the top of the staircase, the area was flat, but he could feel the walls—the area was quite small. He felt around for a bit, and he found another light switch, he turned it on.

He was indeed at the top of the staircase, and there, he found another door.  And with extreme caution, he opened it slowly. The door let out a loud creak, and Rush saw a room filled with shelves of barrels. "What the... What is this place...?" He decided to open one of the barrels, they looked old, very old, probably a few decades old. When he took the lid off, a dark liquid started pouring out. "What is this?! It smells horrible!" Whatever the liquid was, it was definitely expired. Rush decided that it was better if he did not open anymore barrels, after all, he did not know what was inside of them.

He looked around, and then, he found another door. He opened it and inside, was a room with another staircase, this time, however, the room was lit. Rush walked up the stairs, and at the top of them, was another door. He opened it and saw more hallways. What...? There was an entire part of the hotel just sitting here? How could I have not known... I'll ask Spirit, she'll probably know... He looked around, and started walking towards a direction.