Chapter 17 - A Mess

Rush closed Ambush's door as he smiled to himself slightly. He had just finished hanging out with him. He walked out and towards his room. On the way, he heard some thumps from somewhere, he walked cautiously. He knew all to well that things in this hotel can sometimes not be what they seem. Suddenly, he heard the sound of a window shattering. Rush became even more alarmed. Is someone trying to break in? He thought. He reached his room's door, and tried to open it, it was locked. "What?! It's locked?! How? How can I be locked out of my own room?!" He tried to force himself in, but the door would not budge. "I guess I'll need a key..." He looked around, but he could not find a key to his room anywhere. He went to the Main Hall to check, but still, he could not find one. "Where's this damn key?!" Eventually, he gave up, he went to his door and started to strike the door repeatedly, after a few hits, the door swung open. "Probably need to get this fixed..."

But that did not last long, he looked inside to see his room completely ransacked, with everything strewn everywhere. His desk was completely covered with paper and his lamp was flickering like crazy. "What in the world..." He stepped into the room and look around. Then, a thought hit him: I left that letter here... Did they steal it? He immediately started searching, making a larger mess than already before. He turned the room upside down, but, he could not find the letter. "No... No no no no! It's gone! Knew I shouldn't have left it there..."

Just then, he heard Ambush. "Hey Rush I think you forgot some— What's happened to your room?!" "Funny thing, some idiot came here, destroyed my whole room and stole my letter!" Rush replied, accidentally revealing the letter to Ambush. "Uh... What letter?" Rush let out a sigh and explained everything to him. "So... Let me get this straight—you found a letter, you went into a newly-discovered part of this hotel—" "I... Wouldn't call it 'newly-discovered'..." "And there was a stranger, who doesn't remember anything, and he claims to have written that letter?" "Yup..." "Wow... I didn't know you were doing all this..." "Uh... Are.. you mad?" Rush asked hesitantly. "Why would I?" Ambush replied. Rush heaved a sigh of relief. "Oh nothing..." "But... Can you bring me to this Glitch?" "I'd love to! I'm sure he'd be happy to meet some new faces!"

Ambush followed Rush as he opened a door to the dusty room. "Where are we going?" Ambush asked. "Don't worry, I've been here many times!" "Okay, I trust you!" Ambush replied. They walked through the barrel room. Then, Rush pulled out the piece of paper with the directions to Glitch's room that he had given Rush. Rush and Ambush reached a seemingly normal-looking door. Rush knocked on it and called out, "Hey Glitch, it's me Rush! I'm with a friend!" "Coming!" Ambush heard a voice frim inside the room replied. And soon, the door to the room opened.