Chapter 33 - The Void

Glitch took a bite out of the apple as he looked around. "So, y'all have been surviving out here for the past day?" he asked. "Yeah... It's pretty boring... And our only food is this apple tree, but it's running out..." Rush replied. "Well then, your going to have to find a new food supply soon," Glitch said. "We know..." Rush responded again as he picked up an apple and started to play with it. "There's a small stream over there if you need to drink up," Rush said, pointing towards the stream behind the trees. "Okay." At that moment, Halt stood up and walked towards the apple tree. He picked up an apple and ate it.

But covered by the grass, Halt saw a small object. It was completely black, almost like a hole through the ground. He could barely make out the sound of static coming from it. "Uh guys... You might wanna come look at this..." he said, still staring at it. Spirit got up and went over to the strange object to have a closer look. "I don't think we should touch it..." She advised. "Good idea..." Ambush agreed. He picked up a stick and started to move it towards the fire. Rush looked at it, but then, a thought crossed his mind: What if... What if I just poke it, just a tiny poke... He looked around, no one was watching, he stretched out his arm and poked the strange object. He quickly retracted his arm, but the world around was starting to dim. "Rush...? Did you touch the object?" Screech asked suspiciously. "Uh... No...?" Rush said, lying. The world became dimmer and dimmer. He looked around, everything was starting to swirl. He was feeling dizzy, but not long after, he fainted. And soon, one by one, everyone had also blacked out, and the clearing fell into a deep silence, with only the crackling of the flames being able to be heard.

Rush woke up, dizzy and confused. He looked around, nothing, just pitch black darkness. He stood up, there was nothing for as far as he could see. It was like he was in a void. He ran, shouting out to see if anyone was there with him. But then, he saw something—it was a green light, a faint green light. And there was a person in it. Rush immediately ran towards the light, he did not know who the person was, whether he was a friend or foe, he was just happy that he was not trapped in the black void all alone. As he got closer, he started to recognise the person—Ambush. "Ambush?! Is that you?! You're here too?" Rush called out. "You did this, didn't you?" Ambush said in a serious tone. Rush was slightly surprised. He had known Ambush for as long as he could remember, he always carried a kind, friendly personality. He was always that friend that could cheer you up no matter what. Sure, he had some times where he was angry, but this time, he sounded dead serious. "A—Ambush! It's so nice to s—" "Did you do this or not?" he said, slightly louder this time. Rush hesitated, and then said, "Yes..." "But why? Why would you touch that thing? You knew you weren't supposed to!" "I'm sorry! I was j—" "Sorry isn't going to cut it, now is it?! You trapped us in this stupid black void! Now how are we supposed to get back?!" "Please Ambush I—" "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!" Ambush finally snapped, breathing heavily. Rush was shocked, he had never seen Ambush this angry before, he took a step back. Ambush calmed down, and said it a more calm tone, "Look, I'm sorry for shouting at you, but why did you touch that thing? We're trapped here now because of you!" "I know, It was dumb of me to touch that... And I'm really sorry! Really! Please... Could you forgive me?" "Not right now... Maybe later... But not now." Rush sighed. He understood why Ambush was mad at him, and so he decided not to press the issue anymore. "Look, if you are here, Halt is probably somewhere here too, let's go look for him," Ambush said. "Alright... I guess. But I'm really sorry about the whole void thing a—" "It's fine, I understand. Just don't do it next time," Ambush said, cutting Rush off. The two walked around for a frw more minutes, hoping to stumble into someone. But there was just darkness everywhere they went.