Chapter 29 - Servant

Rush waited impatiently for the door to be unlocked. "What's taking her so long?" Rush muttered. He stared at the lasers and then said, "I haven't seen Ambush and Halt in ages..." He got up and roamed around in his room. It was not that big, maybe around a few metres across or so. Then, he lay back down.

Meanwhile, Spirit was busy checking every room. "No... Nope... No..." she muttered while checking every drawer. "Why does he even have so much paper anyways?" she asked herself, continuing to search. "Key's not there... More paper..." She closed the last drawer as she went to check the next room. The next room had a door that read : 'DO NOT ENTER.' Interesting... What's he hiding here? Hopefully the keys... Spirit wondered as she opened the door. Inside were two people—Shadow, and somebody else, unknown. The two were conversing, Spirit immediately turned back into her light form and disappeared from their view. Shadow turned his head towards the door. "Who's there?" he called out, there was no response. "Strange, I could've sworn I saw some person there..." He walked to the door and closed it. He grabbed a key and locked the door. "There, now no one can just enter our conversation. Isn't that right?" "Y—Yes sir..." the second person replied. His voice sounded a little anxious, but Spirit brushed it off. She was watching the two from a corner. The room looked like a surveillance room, there were screens showing the point of view of each camera in each cell. He's got most of them locked up... Spirit thought to herself. "Well, now we've gotten most of those scums locked up, there's just one left. And he's the hardest. But don't worry—I'll deal with him myself, the power's still out, thankfully. Now, there's one major problem—this hotel's not in the, ideal, spot. Any ideas?" "T—This may sound a bit crazy, but I... I made this machine that—" "Give me that," Shadow interrupted, taking the blueprint away from the person, who, by the sounds of things, seem to be Shadow's servant. Shadow inspected the blueprint, and then said, "Interesting... Now, that's all I need, off you go now," he said, making a shooing motion. "A—Alright s—sir..." the person said, leaving the room.

Shadow sat down and stared at the blueprint, and then, he said softly, "I'm going to need a cup of coffee..." He stood up from his chair and left the room. Seizing the opportunity, Spirit got out of her light form and started looking for the key. And then, she found a drawer labelled: "Cell Keys.' She opened it and found a pile of keys, each labelled. She grabbed all of them and quickly left the room. She went back to Rush's cell and tried every key. After a few tries, she managed to find the correct key. A small control panel slid out from the compartment with four buttons, she pressed one that deactivated the lasers and another one that opened the door. The door slid open as Rush ran out of the room. "Spirit! You did it! Thanks a lot!" "My pleasure. Now, let's go get the others." They went on to the next few cells and repeated the same process.

After around 10 minutes, everyone was out. "Finally, about time!" Seek said, extremely annoyed. "Oh be quiet! At least be grateful your out!" Rush said back. "Wait... Who's that?" Timothy asked, pointing at Spirit. "Oh uh, everyone, meet Spirit," Rush introduced. "Hi..." Spirit greeted. "Hey there, nice to meet you! The name's Screech!" "Hi Screech!" "Alright guys! Enough talk, we've got to get out of here before we get caught!" Halt interrupted. "You're right, and, lucky for y'all, we know a way out!" Ambush said. Soon, everyone made their way back to the elevator. "Well, I'll meet you guys up there!" Spirit said, turning back into her light form and disappearing into the ceiling. "She can do that?" Eyes asked. "Yeah, pretty cool... Wish I could..." Rush said. "Anyways, let's get onto the elevator. It was very small, but everyone managed to fit in. "Ow! Get off me Figure!" Seek said irritatedly. "Sorry..." Figure apologised. "This elevator's packed like crazy! Just deal with it!" Screech exclaimed.

The elevator doors opened as everyone saw the familiar hotel hallways. "Ah! Finally back!" Ambush said. "For the second time..." Rush muttered softly. Spirit was standing against a wall. "Well hello again! How was your time in the elevator?" she asked jokingly. "Horrible!" Seek said. "Well, your back, so enjoy yourselves!" Spirit then said. "She's right! We're back! And look! Even the power's back!" Timothy said. "I guess, we can finally take it easy... Everything's back to normal," Screech said. "Hah... For now, at least..." Rush muttered. "What'd you say?" Eyes asked. "Oh nothing..." Rush replied.